Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this topic has been discussed to death before, I'm new to these forums. I had bought a 2012 SE back in March with 95k miles. Bought it with a few minor issues but so far I'm in love with this car. completely blacked out and sleek. Recently I decided to take it to GA (from Columbus, OH) to visit a few buddies of mine and was surprised that I got from where i'm living now all the way to ATL on a tank and a quarter (really it was less than a quarter). The computer was reading my mileage as averaging 32mpg the whole way, and I don't know if it was totally accurate, but considering I got from OH to GA on pretty much one tank im inclined to agree, however the city miles aren't so kind.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I always keep track of the miles and calculate the mpg manually for comparison. On a trip, I fill up before I leave and zero out the tripometer. Keep all my gas receipts and fill up at the end of the trip. Total miles divided by total actual gallons used is a little more accurate than on your vehicle’s information center. I find the EVIC mpg is usually a little higher than the manual calculation but it is easier to compare over a couple of tanks of gas or more. Some times it seems to be right on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My daily driving, which has only a small portion of "city" driving stays between mid-27 to mid-30 mpg. Driven respectably, these cars get really good mileage. Especially the 3.6L.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No, dude, you're all good ... I went from Athens, TN to Toledo along I-75, and still had 1/8 of a tank when I stopped for fuel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm averaging about 16-17mpg (as low as 14.7mpg) in the summer. Nothing over 15mpg in the winter. Just about to hit 90,000mi. 28mpg was my best on a 365mile road trip

·
Registered
278 Posts
5.7L R/T Daytona, got 30.1 indicated mpg on a recent trip of several hundred miles by keeping it close to the speed limit and taking it easy on the entrance ramps. However, the newer models have the 8-speed auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts