Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hello, it has been awhile since I made a thread, been too busy battling all the cold and snow in my winter Blazer. I can't tell you how awesome it is to go see my baby all nice and shiny sitting in the garage for the winter.... Anyways, I want to get another mod done over the winter since I just received my bonuses and am itching to spend a little bit of it. Mainly, I want advice on what everyone thinks I should do next and which brands are really worth a good look. Here is my potential list:

-Lower the car, either on coilovers or springs/ shocks
--I was thinking streetedge coilovers, but they are really cheap and I wonder if the quality is good.
--Also, will I have to roll the fenders to fit my staggered 22s in there?

-Headers/ mid tubes because I have a small exhaust leak.
--This is what I really should do, but I need a good shop in IL that I can trust to not only install the headers/ mids, but to tune if possible also.
--Will the car run like crap if not tuned at the same time?

-Finish my engine bay, including installing my shaved blue manifold, srt fuel rails, strut covers, egr delete, radiator cover, and painted coolant tank.
--I would also want to get all pieces repainted to match the abs cover since I really like how that looks.

-Bigger throttle body.
--Is there any gains to this? If I can't get it tuned, will it run badly?

Those are just a few small things I am looking at, but as you can see I have a ton of questions about them all. So, give me feedback, give me small product reviews, anything really. Just to note though, I don't have a ton of money to spend, and might just decide to save up more before doing anything, but I really do want opinions on these things.

So thanks for reading, and I hope to learn a little bit about my future plans with this car. :)

·
Registered
9,038 Posts
Hello hello, it has been awhile since I made a thread, been too busy battling all the cold and snow in my winter Blazer. I can't tell you how awesome it is to go see my baby all nice and shiny sitting in the garage for the winter.... Anyways, I want to get another mod done over the winter since I just received my bonuses and am itching to spend a little bit of it. Mainly, I want advice on what everyone thinks I should do next and which brands are really worth a good look. Here is my potential list:

-Lower the car, either on coilovers or springs/ shocks
--I was thinking streetedge coilovers, but they are really cheap and I wonder if the quality is good.
--Also, will I have to roll the fenders to fit my staggered 22s in there?

-Headers/ mid tubes because I have a small exhaust leak.
--This is what I really should do, but I need a good shop in IL that I can trust to not only install the headers/ mids, but to tune if possible also.
--Will the car run like crap if not tuned at the same time?

-Finish my engine bay, including installing my shaved blue manifold, srt fuel rails, strut covers, egr delete, radiator cover, and painted coolant tank.
--I would also want to get all pieces repainted to match the abs cover since I really like how that looks.

-Bigger throttle body.
--Is there any gains to this? If I can't get it tuned, will it run badly?

Those are just a few small things I am looking at, but as you can see I have a ton of questions about them all. So, give me feedback, give me small product reviews, anything really. Just to note though, I don't have a ton of money to spend, and might just decide to save up more before doing anything, but I really do want opinions on these things.

So thanks for reading, and I hope to learn a little bit about my future plans with this car. :)
You might look at BC coilovers, they are adjustable in height as well as ride they are a little more but a great product.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I would take care of the exhaust leak first. Shorties or long tubes. Long tubes will get you more with a good tune but you can put them on without. (If you get codes from the headers, a tune would be required to turn off the rear O2 sensors or you could try some of the other tricks ,Steel wool,ect on the forum info, to get the codes off)

Throttle body for the cost and with no Cam IMO is not worth the money for the very little hp gains.

·
12,919 Posts
There are some good projects on your list. Personally, I would rule out the throttle body. After that, you're on your own. :D

I'm in the same boat as far as finding a good shop. I would like to do a cam swap, but I haven't found a shop I can trust.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the replies, I really do want to lower the car badly... But that exhaust leak, I feel like that is so important to get fixed. The leak is right by the passenger cat and it has become more notice-able lately. Let me ask everyone this, is an exhaust leak a huge concern? Or, would it be alright to let it go and lower first?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If it is before the cat then it could trick the oxygen sensor into thinking the engine is running leaner than it really is and will cause the computer to dump more gas into the cylinders. The further away (Downstream of the O2 sensor), the less chance there is of doing any damage. You just get the annoying noise.

I you are going to put any money into the ride, IMO the exhaust should be fixed for optimum peformance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts