Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to say Thanks to all of the members that came to Gatty this year. We had a blast.

The purpose of this thread is for each of you to give us any suggestions/observations that you have from Gatty 09. We have already started thinking about next year.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Suggestion Keep Kim As the number one person as she did a fantastic Job.
Give her more money in the budget so we can have twice as much fun....

Clay, Dan and Kim this was a fantastic weekend. As expected I meet some new friends and so did my kids. Cant wait till next year.

I would be glad to help set up some sort of a rally / poker run type of event for next year. Have a nice little route already started in my mind...

Also had a great idea for a car show catagory. Most improved since last year. This would of course only be open to people that were there the prior year.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Definitely agree that Kim should play at least a major role in planning, but let's get her some help so she can actually relax more next year.

How about trying the Dragon (or Poker Run) on a different day than show day ... dedicate show day, just for the show, socializing, and fellowship.
(I think this idea was born out of the jacuzzi between Jesus, Sheila, Rob and myself...probably BEFORE we were kicked out by Hillbilly Cop!!) :TU:

Pictures of show winners with their trophies and cars all on one thread, and for a "Hall of Fame" type board we can build on each year and showcase at the reception.

More later... most awesome weekend!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well I would say everybody needed a map of where we were going, but I finally looked in my goodie bag that we got on Friday. Maps and everything we needed... I feel soooo smrt.

The only problem with splitting the Dragon from show day is that not everybody can be there on Friday during the day and Sunday everybody is heading out. Next time it won't take that long and maybe move the show back an extra hour for extra time between events I think we could make it work. I'll be there Wednesday night next year, I don't want to miss any hang-out time!

Thanks Kim for everything and for letting me crash your photo shoot on the way out. I hope that wasn't too rude, I just couldn't resist!

·
Registered
356 Posts
First, I want to say Thanks to all of the members that came to Gatty this year. We had a blast.

The purpose of this thread is for each of you to give us any suggestions/observations that you have from Gatty 09. We have already started thinking about next year.

Don't let me lead the way.....

Seriously though.....don't//

·
Registered
356 Posts
How about trying the Dragon (or Poker Run) on a different day than show day ... dedicate show day, just for the show, socializing, and fellowship.
Poker run......hmmmm :)

Name Tags in Credential Holders so that it'll be easier when there are even more people, especially for the noobs like myself this year. We've used these successfully on other platforms, and people will wear them the whole meet (and they are a great souvenir as well.)

·
Registered
459 Posts

Name Tags in Credential Holders so that it'll be easier when there are even more people, especially for the noobs like myself this year. We've used these successfully on other platforms, and people will wear them the whole meet (and they are a great souvenir as well.)
I think that is a GREAT idea!

·
9,514 Posts

That IS a great idea! It's hard to remember all of those names.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Was there a car show class for Stock cars?

If not, I think that would be a good idea. More of us stock people would have maybe entered the show....

·
Registered
205 Posts
I talked to Peon about that Sat night he had been thinking about a factory stock class also. Maybe a stock class for v6 and v8 cars...

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
I agree Kim needs to do less.
One of the Ideas I thought about on the way home was this..
I notice that every bag on Friday night had names on it..
On Saturday.. Kim was running around getting Car show and food tickets out..
I know that 90% of the members prepaid for the car show and 100% prepaid for the food.

I think we should put their car show registration and food ticket in their bags.
That they will rec'd on Friday night.. Yes I know that we will not get it all handed out on Friday night. BUT... We will get 75% it handed out and we'll have less to do on Saturday. Also Members will not be rushing back to get their car show registration done.

Tail of the dragon or the idea Sandman had...
We should have it on Friday early afternoon.. Again we had a few members who did not make it back in time to get ready for the Car Show. Or Have a group for those that want to do it on Friday and a group that wants to do it on Saturday.. It will be their choice.. I know for sure.. Next yr if we do not have a trail of the dragon or some kind of run on Friday.. As much as I ENJOYED the dragon, I will not be able to do it on Saturday..

If Fact.. I will lead Friday's group.. :TU:
I know the way now.. (hahahahah)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I like the v6 class of course since we own v6's. Although we have missed the first 2 meets. This would be an incentive for myself and other v6's to come...

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have already told Clay that I will plan next years event. I would like to have help from at least one member from each Z forum that is participating. I have a lot of ideas and will get started after a month of two. I want to give everyone a chance to make comments here, so we can use them for next year.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I have already told Clay that I will plan next years event. I would like to have help from at least one member from each Z forum that is participating. I have a lot of ideas and will get started after a month of two. I want to give everyone a chance to make comments here, so we can use them for next year.
Hey Kim if you need any help let me know!!! I got nothing but free time these days!

·
Registered
65 Posts
And I live here in Knoxville so if you need any help with preparing for next year just let me know. I could make a run to gatlinburg for something anytime....

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
was there a car show class for stock cars?

If not, i think that would be a good idea. More of us stock people would have maybe entered the show....

as i agree with this, i have some ideas on how we could run the judging and the classes for the car show next year and it would make it fair for all cars and classes.

I will be more then happy to help plan for next years meet,we can talk about the ideas for next year on the phone or over pm's.

Had a really great time this year and cant wait till 2010 !!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had a blast and made lots of friends..funny how we refer to each other with forum names instead of real names. Love the name tag idea.
As for other items, Kim and I spoke shortly on several ideas, what I think would work best and relieve a lot of stress from just one person is:
Let people be responsible for each of the activities such as, have a car show head person. Let them come up with ideas, offer up suggestions and get everyone to agree on the final outcome of those suggestions and from that point forward it is up to them to keep it on track and organized. Same goes for dinner, same for the road trips.
I for one would like to see more group cruising from town to town, maybe a trip on Friday night to the A&W or something and then all together through Gatlinburg. We work hard to polish and shine our cars and lets face it, people stop and stare as we cruise through town. If Kim is the main person and she can find people to rely on for each activity, then at least she can get a break.
On a side note, I totally understand that things cost money and I was glad to see everything seemed to be taken care of, but truth be told, my budget doesn't allow for $26 dinners and $20 receptions. I appreciate everything that was done, but I am just not able to swing additional costs at this time. I don't know for sure, but I imagine that kept some people from attending. I don't mean to step on any toes, these are only my opinions to help people understand things from a different point of view.

Overall it was our first experience with the Z family and I left making new and true friends. Thanks to all...and I agree we need DJ Bull again next year! Maybe we can put a megaphone on the bull mobile and he can part traffic during our cruise.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts