Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Do you mean that you can't physically move the shifter out of Park, or that if you select Drive or Reverse, the car doesn't move?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , physically it can’t move out from the park , but it was diagnosed and the ans was lost of connection from the TCM. can you help me via the TCM location . Or let’s chat on WhatsApp
+2348035844794

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes , physically it can’t move out from the park , but it was diagnosed and the ans was lost of connection from the TCM. can you help me via the TCM location . Or let’s chat on WhatsApp
+2348035844794
I'm surprised to hear that. Usually the issue is a bad brake light switch or a solenoid. Those issues are so common that there is a manual override with a pull strap under your shift bezel.

If your car has the 8-speed ZF 8HP, the TCM is located in the transmission, it's integrated into the valve body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm surprised to hear that. Usually the issue is a bad brake light switch or a solenoid. Those issues are so common that there is a manual override with a pull strap under your shift bezel.

If your car has the 8-speed ZF 8HP, the TCM is located in the transmission, it's integrated into the valve body.
The car developed a gear failure and the shifter was working the day after the gear failure. Then it produce a high noisy sound from from the gearbox which the whole lights on the gear was on and blinking.even the shifter was stuck in park the it was taken to the workshop but I pulled the red stripe to make it move Which led to gear replacement and the noise stopped and no more gear lights blinking it only just the shifter .
Pls let’s talk on phone or WhatsApp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts