Dodge Charger Forum banner

Gen 7 cup holder color change

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Jinx 
#1 ·
I recently started mod'in my 2014 Charger. I have read a lot of posts in the how to section about this mod. I tried it yesterday and it did not work. The gen 7 Charger's have a small circuit board with an LED that produces the blue light in the cup holder ring. I soldered a LED to the wiring harness and put it all back together with no light. If anyone has an idea or answer to help fix this issue I would appreciate it.

#4 ·
***Update*** I found a LED that has wires instead of metal leads. I was able to get the wired LED hooked up and working, but I could not get it to light up the ring in the cup holder. Maybe the LED did not have a wide angle? Any suggestions?

#6 ·
I do not know this personally but you might want to check the Interior & Exterior Electrical section. Also a quick search before hand might save you some time. I do recall seeing a long time ago of someone changing the lighting of their cluster and the shift lighting. If I recall correctly there was a lot of soldering involved. A very unique mod if you can pull it off as well.

#7 ·
I do not know this personally but you might want to check the Interior & Exterior Electrical section. Also a quick search before hand might save you some time. I do recall seeing a long time ago of someone changing the lighting of their cluster and the shift lighting. If I recall correctly there was a lot of soldering involved. A very unique mod if you can pull it off as well.
Yea, I've searched the lighting forum for help, but couldn't find anything for 2011+. I have tried to solder LEDs and cannot get it to work for some reason. I may have to out source this mod. As much add I hate to do it, I might have to do it.

#8 ·
Again I have come back to this mod and no dice! I tried a couple different wide angle led's with no luck. Any info into what type of led or how it was installed would be appreciated.

#10 ·
Did you reverse the LED leads? Try that and see if it emits light. LEDs are picky about positive and negative
I can get it to turn on, but when I put it in the cup holder you can't see it. Not a wide enough angle bulb? Need specific type?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.