Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the list for the security update in reference to the security hack.
The list does NOT include Chargers from 2014 or earlier.

2013-2015 MY Dodge Viper specialty vehicles
2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups
2013-2015 Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Chassis Cabs
2014-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Cherokee SUVs
2014-2015 Dodge Durango SUVs
2015 MY Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans

Go to uconnect site, enter VIN, FOLLOW instructions, download patch and install.

[url]http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/[/URL]

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its probably the same update as all the other threads. I just felt this deserved a sticky, so all 2015 owners would see it right away. MichaelDola was the first to bring it to our attention.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I called my Dodge dealer last week and made an appointment to have the update done, when I called he said he didn't know of any updates or of the problem that is connected with the Uconnect....I think he lives under a rock lol, so anyway I got the appointment for this coming Monday morning. I went to the website mentioned above and guess what?....there is a recall for my car, I went to website and downloaded the patch/update to my thumb drive then installed it in my car, it took about 15-20 minutes total to install. When I was done I called my dealer to cancel my appointment and explained to him that I updated it myself and asked him if the update would take care of the problem with the steering mode glitch, he told me he wasn't sure and asked what it was doing. I told him that when I select either sport mode or comfort mode it stays that way for maybe 1-3 days then goes back to normal. hopefully this update fixes the problem.

P.S. The download size was 657 MB's

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess a way to find out if this patch is the same as the update in other posts is to just download it and see if the numbers match up on the screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
report on my update for Uconnect: Not sure if it is my imagination but, in sport mode and the gear selector left in automatic, TC on I was able to squeal the tires going straight no corners involved. The shifting seems much more precise too. Like I said maybe my imagination, but I have tried squealing my tires before in the same manner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a question about the Navigation on my 2015 Charger. I dont think it is Garman based, does anyone know what company they used for this nav. I preferred the nav system on my 2013 300, the graphics were much better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a question about the Navigation on my 2015 Charger. I dont think it is Garman based, does anyone know what company they used for this nav. I preferred the nav system on my 2013 300, the graphics were much better.
Pretty sure it's garmin. I am almost sure I read in the brochure it is garmin based. TThe graphics also look very similar to my garmin standalone GPS unit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine came in the mail, as a Recall notice. Turned the car on, plug in the supplied usb drive, wait 20 min, turn car off, done. Pretty painless.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah it's definitely a Garman.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Here is the list for the security update in reference to the security hack.
The list does NOT include Chargers from 2014 or earlier.

2013-2015 MY Dodge Viper specialty vehicles
2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups
2013-2015 Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Chassis Cabs
2014-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Cherokee SUVs
2014-2015 Dodge Durango SUVs
2015 MY Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans

Go to uconnect site, enter VIN, FOLLOW instructions, download patch and install.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/[url]http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/[/URL]
Did you install these updates? Based on the vin, it shows 2 updates for my car.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you install these updates? Based on the vin, it shows 2 updates for my car.
I installed every available update I knew of. Doesn't mean there weren't news ones after I traded the car last July. I miss that car a lot, and still have the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Cool. I was curious if you did them. I downloaded them just in case. As far as the stock exhaust I'm happy with the corsa. If you found your way to state college at some point I would take it if it was free. But I really would have no intensions of changing it back. As a moderator could I get a screen name change Stevens13 if it's available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am clueless to what this is. So I’m assuming there was a update for the vehicles software and you can download the info to a thumb drive.

Where do you plug the thumb drive into and how do I know if it was updated already. I bought the car used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts