Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Daytona 392 and am getting 20×9.5 front and 20 x 10.5 rear as my car comes factory with a 9.5 wheel with a 275/45 tire I don't know what to do about tire sizes now as I want both tires to have the same aspect ratio. Hope this makes sense to someone as I'm trying my best to relay what I'm wanting to know best I can.
For example rear tires I want are a 305/35 but don't see a 275/35 tire offered. Looking at toyo R888s. Thank you for any help and advice in advance
20190929_122142.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tire aspect ratio is the ratio for tire width to side wall height. the wider tire would have a smaller ratio to give "close" to the same side wall height. I have the same size rims on my '18 Daytona. I run 275/40/20 on the front and 315/35/20 in the rear. They are not 100% the same height but they are extremely close. I also run Atturo AZ850s and I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I replaced my factory tires at 30k on my RT Daytona. I am a Atturo convert as well. I upsized the stock 245/45/R20's to 275/40/R20's all around, and I am pleased with them. The steering is lighter, but just about right when put into sport or track mode, and I get better traction wet or dry. The good news is that I got all 4 for less than $500 from Walmart including mounting. You have to order from their website and have them sent to your local store where they mount them (they aren't available by just walking in and asking for them!). My Walmart experience isn't always totally positive; I drove there in the rain and when they balanced them they added stick-on weights on wet wheels. I found one set of weights in the driveway the next day and the rest were MIA by the following day. When I went to get this fixed they also discovered that one tire was mounted wrong side out, also fixed. You pretty much get what you pay for, right?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sure the aspect ratio was 45? The 275's are normally a 40 aspect ratio, hence the 35 ratio for the next wider tire. According to Tire Rack, they show 275/40 and 315/35 to be very close, like Leo said. They don't show any 20's in that tire. So you want just a track tire?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I wouldn’t try to match the aspect ratio but would match the closest O.D. to your O.E. 245’s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts