Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came looking for information for my 19 Daytona. I am delighted to have bought the black on black charger even though I live in Florida. I baby that gas pedal while in local city driving, but yesterday I drove alligator alley for 80 something miles. I couldn't believe the pick up speed from cruising at 70 and then punching the pedal and basically flying to 90 with a major roar of the engine and reached 90 or better in no time. I pushed it to 110 and seemed to be floating, an easy effort for the Charger. I don't plan on driving that way often or even anymore, just wanted to see what could be done. It's nice to know the car has balls.

BTW this is my first Dodge product. I had to buy the car without my wife present I knew she'd have a challenge with the roar of the engine. She did. And how. Given a few days she became adjusted to the sound. The bucket seat made her terribly uncomfortable. She actually cried after our first ride. The seat wrapped her up like a straight jacket. The side panels of the contoured bucket seat5 pushed her arms into her body and gave her uncomfortability and pain. She solved the challenge by ordering some after market seat pad. Now she sits a bit higher and more forward so her arms are no longer crushed into her body. She's a small gal and wanted me to get rid of the car. Once I explained to her that she was more important to me than the car, which is true, her attitude changed a bit. I told her and meant what I said that I'd return the car. I went as far as to tell the dealer the next day I don't want the car, what do I do now ? He agreed, telling me I'd lose a few thousand on the deal. No problem. I am not into losing a few thousand at any time, at least I'd not be happy about it. I'd still use his dealership and buy something more tame. Called the Mrs. and said I'm ready to return it although we'd lose a few grand. " Oh never mind I'll buy and seat cover and try that."

I still have the car, it's about a month old and I love it. I couldn't afford a muscle car back in the day. I did have the 35 cents for the bus though, and a pocketful of envy. Envy is too strong a word, let's call it jealousy, or desire, a " Gee that'd be a terrific car for me if only..." Well I put myself in a position to finally get one and it gets me from point A to point B like any car would. BUT it's more like a six horse chariot, a monster of a car, it's like owning a fierce and wild mongrel, that for one reason or another has become attached to only you.

OK so now she's driven with me a few times. We've gone to a few family get togethers and most folks are dazzled by the car. The pride of ownership became hers when my nephew's three year old said, " I want to ride in Aunt Mewills car. He's into Hot Wheels and thinks we have a big one. Now she can't wait to have the baby take a ride with us.

Thanks Dodge.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!! Congrats on the new ride

Reactions: RedRiverII

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Congrats on the new car and Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,494 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts