Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, my car is parked at work(my job is an EMT) in a PRIVATE parking lot but everyone and their mom uses it to make illegal U-turns. So, someone parks right next to my car(of course) and I'm parked in the furthest spot and this morning I notice a f*#kin' scratch on my front fascia and NOONE saw anything!! Noone at work has the same color paint left on my car and apparently the neighbor saw a silver van leave and then took a look at my car and THOUGHT that scratch was already there and didn't even bother coming over to ask me!!! Went to the stealership today and got an estimate of $1081 and some change, I was like are you f*#king crazy???!!! Needless to say my only day off was the sh!tty!! Will have a pic up tomorrow. I can't get over someone would hit a Charger and leave, if I saw the prick who did it I would have definitely been thrown in jail. F*#k, I'm pissed!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
That sucks brah....That is an expensive azz qoute. You should try a few different shops.

·
Registered
557 Posts
thats messed up, but the cones are hilarious

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
lol @ Cones!! That is an awesome idea though!

I am going to start carrying some in my trunk...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think all Charger's should come with cones as part of the "package" lol
MAACO has a $129 bumper painting thing, not sure how good they are but it beats $1081

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Sorry to hear about this but hopefully you can get it fixed at a more reasonable price. The cones are PRICELESS.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is the bumper actually cracked? Is that just paint transfer or a bad scratch or a crack? The picture is pretty blurry so it's tough to tell.

If it's just paint transfer I'd go at it with a PC and see how/if u can clear it up. 1000 bucks sounds like they're replacing the whole bumper.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not cracked, so far as I can tell it looks to be a paint transfer. Going to try some rubbing compound to see is that could clean it up to see if there is a scratch or not.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I tried to clean it up as best as possible. Might try rubbing compound to see if I can get it cleaned up even more.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
A good body shop can fix it for $250 to $300.. Sorry to see that some ******* hit your baby, I would have been ballistic too.. If you need a good shop, my shop does great work. I am just not sure how far of a drive it would be for you...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Baltimore is a tad out of my way, I live right across the bridge from Philly. Thank you anyway.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So, my car is parked at work(my job is an EMT) in a PRIVATE parking lot but everyone and their mom uses it to make illegal U-turns. So, someone parks right next to my car(of course) and I'm parked in the furthest spot and this morning I notice a f*#kin' scratch on my front fascia and NOONE saw anything!! Noone at work has the same color paint left on my car and apparently the neighbor saw a silver van leave and then took a look at my car and THOUGHT that scratch was already there and didn't even bother coming over to ask me!!! Went to the stealership today and got an estimate of $1081 and some change, I was like are you f*#king crazy???!!! Needless to say my only day off was the sh!tty!! Will have a pic up tomorrow. I can't get over someone would hit a Charger and leave, if I saw the prick who did it I would have definitely been thrown in jail. F*#k, I'm pissed!
None not noone! Hikky Kelly Dodge in Pensacola FL has a set price for fascia and bumpers that are not torn of $150.00

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Man he nailed you pretty good! How could he not have seen your badass ride parked where he had no business going?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the cones are an excellent idea. I would totally do that if I knew they wouldn't be stolen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks like you cleaned off a bit just by hand. From the looks of it you could get it all buffed out via a dual action buffer/polisher. 5,000 OPM vs 200 by hand :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts