Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got the mod bug.. Since day one I've been wanting a different hood on my SXT.. But being in the middle of butt**** nowhere Canada I can't exactly order a new one without breaking the bank.. I've never been a fan of stick on hood scoops but these don't look too bad.. Not so sure if I'll fully commit to these but I'm curious to see if anyone has put these on.. [url]http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2020dochduho.html[/URL]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm not a fan of the stick on scoops myself. But these do look cool.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
Man, I have never been a fan of stick on hood scoops, but I can understand your dilemma being where you are. Are you close to the US border in Canada and any major US cities? Maybe you can have a hood with a functional scoop shipped out to a shop you find in the US and drive over and have it done? At any rate, good luck with your search.

·
Registered
110 Posts
^^ good advice ^^

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I thought like 80% of all Canadians lived within a hour's drive of the US Border.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought like 80% of all Canadians lived within a hour's drive of the US Border.
That would make Canada pretty small... lol. I'm just under 5 hours from the nearest border. If I were to have it ordered I would need to drive all the way there, either switch hoods there or somehow bring the new hood back over. I don't feel like bringing my Dodge pickup all the way there and putting it in the back, killer on gas.. would be as much as duty cost. Sure makes stick on hood scoops look good eh?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'm not saying Canada is small, just that most live close to the border (where it's warmer).

Totally understand where you're coming from though.

·
Drive it like u stole it!
3,408 Posts
That would make Canada pretty small... lol. I'm just under 5 hours from the nearest border. If I were to have it ordered I would need to drive all the way there, either switch hoods there or somehow bring the new hood back over. I don't feel like bringing my Dodge pickup all the way there and putting it in the back, killer on gas.. would be as much as duty cost. Sure makes stick on hood scoops look good eh?
"an estimated 75 percent of Canadians live within 161 kilometers (100 miles) of the U.S. border." :D

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/canada-facts/

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does make sense.. A lot of the major populated cities in Canada do share a border with the US.. Vancouver- Washington, Toronto-New York etc.. Thanks for the Geography lesson guys lmao. I feel pretty badass knowing I'm not in the 75% :cool:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
They look good. If you choose to go with these hopefully the adhesive will hold up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
"an estimated 75 percent of Canadians live within 161 kilometers (100 miles) of the U.S. border." :D

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/canada-facts/
It does make sense.. A lot of the major populated cities in Canada do share a border with the US.. Vancouver- Washington, Toronto-New York etc.. Thanks for the Geography lesson guys lmao. I feel pretty badass knowing I'm not in the 75% :cool:
Well, I was off a bit, but close ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts