Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the halo projector headlights that a few here on the forum are running (the 3 led kind). Currently I have the halo's wired into the parking lights which has been working well but I want to be able to have just the projectors on sometimes. Can anyone provide some help for a wiring dummy on how to wire the halos onto a switch? What all is needed?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Buy a 3 prong switch, it should have power, ground, and acc.
Run a constant power to the power on the switch
Run your power wire from the projectors to the acc
Run your ground from the projectors to somewhere near the switch ground that wire and then pig tail off that ground and run that to the ground on the switch.
I'm sure someone will correct me if there is an easier way of doing it.
One more thing, I would put an inline fuse on the constant power.

Reactions: BBChallyR/T

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
the way you have it now just cut the power wire take one end and take it to the switch then on the output of the switch run it back to the other end of the wire you cut

·
Registered
366 Posts
the way you have it now just cut the power wire take one end and take it to the switch then on the output of the switch run it back to the other end of the wire you cut
But then wouldn't you still have to have the parking lights on to have the halos on?

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Buy a 3 prong switch, it should have power, ground, and acc.
Run a constant power to the power on the switch
Run your power wire from the projectors to the acc
Run your ground from the projectors to somewhere near the switch ground that wire and then pig tail off that ground and run that to the ground on the switch.
I'm sure someone will correct me if there is an easier way of doing it.
One more thing, I would put an inline fuse on the constant power.
Thats good avice....:TU:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hope it helps!

DrBill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts