Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always hand wash the Charger and any of my prize vehicles, but normally glide through an auto wash in the older Ram truck once a week. So today the car wash was acting up and the attendant was already gone for the day. Seen their website posted on the door and decided to email them to get my $$ back.

But then found this on their website as to "why use a professional car wash". Really? :D

[url]http://www.carwashexpressinc.com/index.php?page=care[/URL]

Discuss!

· Registered
2,503 Posts
That was a awesome article can't wait to shove it in my bro's face we have long discussions about this all the time~~

· Registered
7,039 Posts
I'm all about the hand wash but I do take my car through the touchless auto washer on post also. Never had a problem with it.

Reactions: Dennis H

· Registered
2,503 Posts
What about cars with decals? I thought it was advised not to run your car through an automated car wash with decals.
I run mine through car wash once a week and my decals still look brand new and it has been since Dec 2012 and I have it done at least once a week sometimes twice~~

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Did you actually read the article he posted this is not the first time I have read something like this, if you didn't read it fully read it~~

· Registered
14,713 Posts
Automatic car wash is like rolling the dice, sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's not. I've taken the charger through one every now and agin but there is always some I gotta fix paint wise. I take the Ram through them way more often and now I've got this big ass scratch on the passenger side from front to back from a roller I need to polish out.

· Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if they are comparing using dishwashing soap at home too. LOL That is a no-no which most all of us know.

· Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On my Ram, I noticed the paint coming off the very bottom of the truck. That powerful spray to clean the rockers when you first enter is what I am blaming it on! :D But that is my "get the heck out of my way" ride. I will run you over and do not try to bully me in a parking lot while in the Ram..Now in the Charger, I will put my tail between my legs and run like heck before challenging you in a parking lot. LOL So the paint coming off does not bother me, but I need a "quicky" paint job here before long. :D

· Registered
2,503 Posts
We have a awesome run car wash in y town that takes care of there shit and if u get through it and they are drying it and they see any dirt or grime left they send you around for free and go again and I have never had any marks in the 13 yrs of going there once or twice a week so maybe there are some bad ones out there but I got a good one by me~~

· Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^Good to hear brother! I hate the ones that catch your wheel to pull you through. My wife's Murano wheel got marred by one as she missed the catch apparently.

· Registered
2,503 Posts
^^Good to hear brother! I hate the ones that catch your wheel to pull you through. My wife's Murano wheel got marred by one as she missed the catch apparently.
maybe it helps that we are friends with the owners since they put it in for I always get special treatment when I go through. and the prices are awesome it's $11 for the best wash but if you come back once a week u get $3 off next wash and if it is within 2 weeks u get $2 off.

· Registered
2,503 Posts
^^Now that is how to keep customers!
Yeah there is always a line to get it washed but is well worth the wait and weird considering there is only 9k people in my town but people come from all over to get there car washed here~

· Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That "study" was a bunch of crap.

A few hours with the car on a regular basis is therapeutic and retores sanity.

^^LOL! I was waiting on that response! :D

Reactions: mayer69XS29L

· Registered
2,966 Posts
My son washes mine by hand to earn some cash and he does a great job. Only took it to a full service was a couple times and it didn't come out as good.

· Registered
862 Posts
I was using the auto car wash for just under a year. After a while I started to see small scratches, mainly in the wax. I stopped using it went to hand washing in my driveway and an occasional touch less wash. Much better IMO. The one thing about the auto car wash was they had unlimited washes for $30 a month. You could wash your car once a day. I have black and it shows everything.

When winter comes I'll use mainly the touch less. If I had white or light gray I would probably still use the auto wash. I am getting so lazy. My wife's car is white and I never see the small wax scratches from the auto wash.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts