Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with hands free Bluetooth, it won’t pair up with my phone and I get this screen. Is the Hands free Bluetooth module KAPUT ?
upload_2019-6-13_18-14-57.jpeg

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I think there's a unpair option in the "Settings" menu. You can clear paired phones and then pair the phone to reconnect. Worked for me in the past. Other owners have reported the Hands-free Module worked again after they unplugged/re-plugged it. The hands free module is located under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column mounted to the amplifier bracket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there's a unpair option in the "Settings" menu. You can clear paired phones and then pair the phone to reconnect. Worked for me in the past. Other owners have reported the Hands-free Module worked again after they unplugged/re-plugged it. The hands free module is located under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column mounted to the amplifier bracket.
Tried going to settings menu but nothing happens when touching phone/bluetooth option bar. Also unplugged hands free module, made no difference.
upload_2019-6-14_7-46-3.jpeg

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If you have a OBD2/CAN scanner that can scan all codes (e.g. BlueDriver) you can scan to see if U0197 is logged (U0197-00-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH HANDS FREE PHONE MODULE). Otherwise, it's a trip to the dealership so they can run their diagnostics.

Reactions: Tomturbo

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I lost mine in my 2013. The battery disconnect worked a couple times but had to replace it. Its pretty common for this scenario.
Th3 newer ones are improved and less likely to fail. It should be a different p/n.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Coincidentally, mine failed while giving someone a jump.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome to the club

Reactions: Charger SXTease

·
Registered
6 Posts
This post is a few years old now, but just got a 13' Charger R/T. Thought it was a great deal 41k miles 18k OTD. Noticed bluetooth handsfree wasn't working. Dealer said most likely needed to be flashed. Now they're saying I need a new module. They're trying to charge $725.

For those that have done it. Was this the module you ordered by chance? Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's common for them to fail, I got mine on ebay or Amazon and installed it myself.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
HFM (hands-free module) Removal:

Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
See images below for the following ...
Remove the steering column opening cover (1)
Disconnect the HFM electrical (1) and USB connectors (2).
Remove the HFM retainers.
Remove the HFM (4) from the mounting bracket.

Cover

HFM

Installation is the reverse of removal.

Reactions: Mschneider

·
Registered
6 Posts
Much appreciated!!! Yeah on top of the $725 for the part, they were gonna charge another $100 for labor. If it's a few screws and some cables. Easy enough!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it, installed, hardest part about the whole process was screwing the module back into place. Saved several hundred $$ thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Glad to see you got it fixed. (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts