Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks for the response! I have a Seek Thermal imaging camera I will use - power it on from the bench and see if anything gets hot - Did you see a coin cell lithium battery on the board ?
Not that I can recall. I can get photos later on today if you want.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That would be great! Lithium Coin cells can be PCB mounted. The removal of the car battery then the hands free working I think could be an easy fix.

There are like million part number revisions to these things. I was told this one came out of a 2013 300 Series. This one never worked from get go. Where as the other one I have will connect, allow bluetooth music, but no phone call even though it did twice when first put it in. I will stop working every so often but if I unplug and re plug it back in it behaves as state above. Which makes me wonder if there is a connection issue on the connectors or car issue seeing its a 2013 setup in a 2011

I believe these refer to hardware and software versions / dates
H / W : 10.03.04
S / W : 11.39.06
P/N # 05091072AG

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh yeah definitely some caps there
More than I had recalled when I first opended it. I've done some Cap replacement before but my soldering skills are not good enough for these types which look surface mounted vs the stick through hole type I've done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
May be a lithium cell there. When I take mine out I’ll know wher to start probing and I’ll beep out the connectors - since problem sometimes goes to way tells me chips are working although o may still want to check the voltage regulators

·
Registered
6 Posts
May be a lithium cell there. When I take mine out I’ll know wher to start probing and I’ll beep out the connectors - since problem sometimes goes to way tells me chips are working although o may still want to check the voltage regulators
I will replace the big electrolytics -

21 - 28 of 28 Posts