Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your car experiences hard starting when the engine is warm (or any time), our battery ground cable upgrade kit is for you. Our kit replaces the negative battery cable and the transmission ground cable.

To order: http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/cec0j210aa.htm

We have installed this on several vehicles, from a 11:1 compression 426 to a 8.5:1 compression 397 and it's fixed all hard starting issues immediately.

Here are some comparison pics ... thicker cable is the new one, of course.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
where is the transmission ground cable at on the car???

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Brick killed a guy!
2,733 Posts
Transmission. :)

Oh snap you just got served..lol....

We did alot of ground upgrades on cars when we did audio systems too. Amazing how something as simple as the battery ground upgraded can make a such a big difference in alot of things in a car.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Whoa, thats a huge difference...NICE!

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
yeah, I did this Mod..... I thought I needed another battery or bigger Starter Motor but this mod eliminated all the "hot" starting issues I was having......

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Is it fairly easy to replace transmission ground cable?

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Dan I have ramps at the house that I use to do my oil changes. Will that give me the clearance to swap out? Any pics of cable location?

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Dan I have ramps at the house that I use to do my oil changes. Will that give me the clearance to swap out? Any pics of cable location?

yeah, that should give you enough clearance.....maybe Speedlogix can post a pic of the location but you should not have a problem reaching it

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
yeah, that should give you enough clearance.....maybe Speedlogix can post a pic of the location but you should not have a problem reaching it
Cool. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'd like to order one! How much are they?

·
#speedlogix
6,401 Posts

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Ok I know exactly where it runs. Thanks Mikey!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
If you've still got the older, smaller ground cables, upgrade them to bigger cables from Mopar!! In stock at Speedlogix :box2:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Help cure that hard start issue with this battery cable upgrade using Mopar parts!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
In Stock! Simple upgrade to help with hard starting conditions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts