Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everybody i need some suggestions, lately ive been noticing my cars been harder to turn sometimes lately and it seems to have gotten worse, i flushed the power steering fluid and that didnt help, i know these cars are bad for tie-rods and I bought the car used with 40,000kms and the paperwork says tie-rods were replaced already. problem is i dont really know what the symptoms are for bad tie-rods. as it feels now the only way i can describe it is like turning on a square, like i can turn a little smooth then as i turn more itll stiffin up then itll get past the stiff part and turn smooth again, then it does it again as im turning the opposite direction, and if i straighten out while the wheel is being stiff, it wont turn back to its origional position, i have to turn it back manually. from what ive read it seems like it could be tie-rods or something to do with the power steering system. and now ive flushed the fluid. so thats out of the question, altho the fluid needed to be flushed anyways. any help is greatly appreciated, id rather do my research and fix it myself, or at least narrow it down for the dealership so i dont have to pay for bullsh*t

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome thanks for your help guys, looks like im taking it to the stealership, tie-rods i could change myself, i donno about the pump.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its been a long time since this was touched and i never did reply with the fix. so for anyone else running into this problem here it is. what happened was the dealership never did a power steering flush before they sold me the car used. and during the winter months the gross fluid plugged up the lines but not horribly as it turns out. i had to wait a while for a new pump so i flushed the fluid the cheap way with a turkey baster and kept cycling and basting and adding and cycling until it was coming out clean. by the time the pump came the summer heat and the new fluid eventually cleared the gunk out of the lines, i didnt need to replace the pump, and the steering was fine since.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey man it worked, and cost me less than $10 to do the fluid flush :D. i wasnt the only one to do it that way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I trust you flushed & refilled with Chrysler approved automatic trans fluid? If you used generic power steering fluid, it'll stiffen up on you when the weather gets cold. Made that mistake on my 2007.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i used the proper fluids, trust me i searched high and low for weeks just to track down some HOAT coolant for my car too when that was due too. i research everything 3 times over before i buy stuff :) doesnt matter now i dont own the 07 anymore. just thought id update the thread for anyone looking for answers

·
Banned
4 Posts
I just supplanted the internal tie pole, external tie bar, frontward lower control arm, rearward lower control arm bushings, influence bar end connections, and influence bar bushing on the traveler side. I needed to move the vehicle after I was done. At the point when I went to turn the controlling wheel it's discontinuously tight. I haven't got an opportunity to do the driver's side yet.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

·
Registered
1 Posts
Surprisingly, bad air pressure could be a cause for steering wheel hard to turn. Improper tire pressure, especially deflated tires, can trigger this problem. All the tires of your vehicle should have been inflated according to the manufacturer’s recommended PSI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The most common cause of a stiff steering wheel is the lack of enough power steering fluid in the system. This condition can arise if there's fluid leakage from the pressurized hose area. Refilling the liquid in the power steering tank will fix the problem for the time being, but the leak must be taken care of. get-vidmate.com instagram saver

1 - 12 of 12 Posts