Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that the plastic in the rear seat is what kills a lot of the bass for us when it comes to subwoofers. Do you think that using some type of dynamat on the plastic that's located inside the seat cover would help with feeling the bass?

In the meantime I'm going going to cut a rectangle piece of plastic where the rear armrest is located, but I'm going to leave the upholstery intact. If that does help somewhat then I'm going to go ahead and put a 6" port through the upholstery.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I believe that the plastic in the rear seat is what kills a lot of the bass for us when it comes to subwoofers. Do you think that using some type of dynamat on the plastic that's located inside the seat cover would help with feeling the bass?

In the meantime I'm going going to cut a rectangle piece of plastic where the rear armrest is located, but I'm going to leave the upholstery intact. If that does help somewhat then I'm going to go ahead and put a 6" port through the upholstery.
don't cut up the seats or armrest. put a port on the rear shelf behind the seats between the rear speakers.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't cut up the seats or armrest. I would do what Jontoad stated or get some more powerful equipment.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yes, I agree with the others. Just port the back dash. The trick is to get the airflow that the speakers are pushings into the the cabin. If you don't always have passengers you can just flip down the 40 part of the rear seat to allow the air to flow to the cabin, thats what I do. But it's a temporary solution though.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've always thought about cutting out that armrest area, too; just a small square area for a vent/port. Then add an aluminum mesh type material where the fabric was and then highlight the opening with LEDs. I never got around to it.....

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
I've always thought about cutting out that armrest area, too; just a small square area for a vent/port. Then add an aluminum mesh type material where the fabric was and then highlight the opening with LEDs. I never got around to it.....

I seen a setup of that type. But definitely needs to have a professional touch which I know thats what you would do.:TU:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I would make it look neat. I wasn't going to cut the fabric just the plastic that's behind the armrest. I think the bass can travel through the soft fabric material so I would go as far as cutting the fabric yet. Most of the time I just prop the seats open which seems to help. I did look around and seen how some have their sub boxes setup closer to the seats and ported through the 8" hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts