Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tint!! I'm in FL as well and use tint and a blind like thing for the windshield when parked.
I already have 20% tint all around except the front windshield. I guess I need to invest In a good sunshade. Didn't expect to have the interior piece warp on a newer car like that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What part is that the inside mirror flag, I would ask dealer to replace it, Looks like a paint repair was done and the part melted from the Infrared heat lamp.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My 2014 RT (Now traded for a 17) had a similar issue and I live in Phoenix so the hear is crazy here! Both my door panels, the 2 trip pieces on either side of the center stack both warped and were unsightly. Not a good sign if it is happening to others too!
Anyway, This happened when the car was 3 years old and out of warranty naturally! I called Chrysler corp customer service and went on to explain the issue and how upset I was at the poor quality and that I would like it repaired at no cost to me. I don't care how hot it is, this should NOT happen!! The rep was very understanding and said while she did not guarantee anything will be done, she asked me to go to my dealer and have him take pictures and send them directly to her. (She was in contact with the dealer as well)
So I went to the dealer and the service writer took the pics and sent them off. About a week later I received a call fro the cust service rep at Chrysler and she informed me that they (Chrysler) will take care of the whole thing for me at NO COST!!! The dealer got the parts, scheduled my car to have it done and voila... Good as new!
That level of service blew me away which is one of the reasons I bought a 2017.
Call them... What do you have to lose?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had to visit the dealer for the same issue, 2016 with 23,xxx miles on it. Upper part of the passenger door has completely peeled away where it meets the window. Covered under warranty, but the service manager said it's a pretty common occurence (the door panels as well as the trim between the dash and shifter console). The entire door panel is being replaced under warranty, but unfortunately the part is on backorder and could take up to 3 months to come in from what he's seen. For those out of warranty, he told me the panel is $714. Yeesh! My driver said panel is showing early signs of the same thing, so at this point I'm just hoping it'll happen before I hit 36K. And hoping they've updated the part with a better seam so this doesn't become an annual thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2014 RT (Now traded for a 17) had a similar issue and I live in Phoenix so the hear is crazy here! Both my door panels, the 2 trip pieces on either side of the center stack both warped and were unsightly. Not a good sign if it is happening to others too!
Anyway, This happened when the car was 3 years old and out of warranty naturally! I called Chrysler corp customer service and went on to explain the issue and how upset I was at the poor quality and that I would like it repaired at no cost to me. I don't care how hot it is, this should NOT happen!! The rep was very understanding and said while she did not guarantee anything will be done, she asked me to go to my dealer and have him take pictures and send them directly to her. (She was in contact with the dealer as well)
So I went to the dealer and the service writer took the pics and sent them off. About a week later I received a call fro the cust service rep at Chrysler and she informed me that they (Chrysler) will take care of the whole thing for me at NO COST!!! The dealer got the parts, scheduled my car to have it done and voila... Good as new!
My (Sorry, I clicked at the wrong time. See my reply below. This reply can be deleted.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Both of my wife's 2014 Charger RT door panels warped under warranty. Both were replaced. The replacements, less than one year later are both warped now. Now Dodge/Chrysler has to review the problem to determine if they will help cover the out of warranty replacement a second time! The service advisor is bending over backwards to "help". Now we see warpage at the dash/console. I noticed that both the door panel and dash warpage problems are reported on other forums. Seems to me Dodge/Chrysler has another design defect. Each door panel costs around $600 not including labor. Since we have two door panels warp, I doubt a third will correct the problem. We will need to leave the car at the dealer for the district manager to inspect and send pictures etc. to Chrysler for a decision on whether or not they will cover another replacement. I don't know what is worse, the wife's door panels and dashboard on the '14 RT or the timing chain recall on my '09 RT.

These will probably be the last Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles I ever buy. I sure wish I kept my '67 Coronet and '76 Colt.

Since the warpage problem appears to be common, perhaps this should be a separate thread. I bet there are a bunch of folks that are going to have the same problem and be ticked. This is clearly poor design engineering and poor materials selection.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Both of my wife's 2014 Charger RT door panels warped under warranty. Both were replaced. The replacements, less than one year later are both warped now. Now Dodge/Chrysler has to review the problem to determine if they will help cover the out of warranty replacement a second time! The service advisor is bending over backwards to "help". Now we see warpage at the dash/console. I noticed that both the door panel and dash warpage problems are reported on other forums. Seems to me Dodge/Chrysler has another design defect. Each door panel costs around $600 not including labor. Since we have two door panels warp, I doubt a third will correct the problem. We will need to leave the car at the dealer for the district manager to inspect and send pictures etc. to Chrysler for a decision on whether or not they will cover another replacement. I don't know what is worse, the wife's door panels and dashboard on the '14 RT or the timing chain recall on my '09 RT.

These will probably be the last Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles I ever buy. I sure wish I kept my '67 Coronet and '76 Colt.

Since the warpage problem appears to be common, perhaps this should be a separate thread. I bet there are a bunch of folks that are going to have the same problem and be ticked. This is clearly poor design engineering and poor materials selection.
Sorry to hear you've had to endure this! Definitely frustrating but at lest they are not completely closing the door on you. Most certainly a design flaw. Hopefully my 2017 does not do that as well but the dash and panels are the same. Time will tell! Good luck bro!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: my door panels are starting to also warp on the passanger side by the window. I don't understand how a two year old car can have warping panels so early on in its life. Wtf dodge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just had to visit the dealer for the same issue, 2016 with 23,xxx miles on it. Upper part of the passenger door has completely peeled away where it meets the window. Covered under warranty, but the service manager said it's a pretty common occurence (the door panels as well as the trim between the dash and shifter console). The entire door panel is being replaced under warranty, but unfortunately the part is on backorder and could take up to 3 months to come in from what he's seen. For those out of warranty, he told me the panel is $714. Yeesh! My driver said panel is showing early signs of the same thing, so at this point I'm just hoping it'll happen before I hit 36K. And hoping they've updated the part with a better seam so this doesn't become an annual thing.
I just noticed today that my passanger side door panels is starting to lift up and my driver side is showing a little bit of it too. I don't understand how a two year old car can have such a problem.

The thing is that I have 20% tint all around and a sunshade and Im still getting this warp problem. Wtf dodge

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Dodge Charger and both interior panels on the driver side have similar warping issues. Called Dodge and because I have more than 60K miles on my car they won't even consider doing anything. My wife loves the Charger and we have owned 2 but this is the last Dodge/Chrysler product for me. Back to Ford!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The trim on both sides of the center console on my 15 are warped up. I went to the dealer and they said, it can't be fixed, only replaced. For $600 a panel, they will gladly replace them. I laughed and said you must be crazy! I said, no thanks, I think I'll go across the street and trade it in for a camaro. I would never trade my charger in, but dang, this is disturbing. There are hundreds more on facebook with the same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My passenger side front door panel warped from heat. I have been trying to get it repaired but the dealer, who assured me it was a manufactures defect, keeps telling me the door panel is on back order so now it will take five months to get it repaired. I am in California and have had the same parking spot at work for 20+ years through several cars and never experienced this type of damage from the heat. BTW, they want a $100.00 deductible whenever it does come in.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I just have to say that I love the comments of those of you that talk about the warping and then say they are going back to other car manufactures! Wow, if you can't enjoy a car and realize that things are going to go wrong and that sometimes things are not 140,000% letter perfectly made/manufactured..then yes, go back to Ford, or Honda, or Toyota...and when something happens that you don't like, you can tell them you'll go elsewhere...maybe back to Dodge FCA!

I've experienced my fair share of problems in various manufactured vehicles, but it doesn't deter me from driving and or enjoying the vehicle. Sure as hell am I not going to threaten Chrysler FCA that I am going to a different manufacture because of some warping in door panels, if they don't want to pay to swap them, then I either live with it...or find a good deal somewhere for used ones and swap them myself (which is the most likely bet)

Sorry for the rant, but I was reading through this and though there are legit claims and yes, interior warping sucks and you guys are right to go the routes you are going, but it was just rather obnoxious seeing many state that they won't ever buy Dodge again and whatnot...then do it! Sell your car and go buy something else...problem solved!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this issue can be fixed by simply removing the door panel, pulling the material to the correct location again and run staples into it? Ford has a recall for the explorer with the same issue and we had to just pull the material back into place and drive 50 to 80 staples and it corrected the entire issue. I cant help but wonder if this same operation can be done with dodge.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had this happen to my '15 R/T. Pulled it out and Gorilla Glued it about a month before I traded it in. Held pretty dang good. Strange thing is, it didn't happen gradually. Was fine on Tuesday and jacked up on Wednesday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this happen to my '15 R/T. Pulled it out and Gorilla Glued it about a month before I traded it in. Held pretty dang good. Strange thing is, it didn't happen gradually. Was fine on Tuesday and jacked up on Wednesday.
Did you pull the material off the door panel completely or did you just fix the messed up area? I have a very very small imperfection and i don’t know wether to rip the whole thing apart or just fix the small issue lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts