Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did you pull the material off the door panel completely or did you just fix the messed up area? I have a very very small imperfection and i don’t know wether to rip the whole thing apart or just fix the small issue lol.
I did not peel it all off. I squeezed the glue in as i rolled the material back little by little and then clamped it for a day.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yup. The Dealer is replacing both door panels and the sides of the shift console as well. The parts are on national back order though! Had a 2014 and the same thing happened. They need to upgrade the material they are using as this is obviously an issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep, my passenger door panel is peeling back at the top by the widow too. Out of warranty here also. Going to try the glue and clamps method. Not paying $700.

·
Registered
14 Posts
3317B829-D137-415A-94DC-EC967C71EE36.jpeg
55EC677D-A61B-4CE6-A763-310BB44B0BDD.jpeg
4C174563-9A3B-49EE-9F4E-D3C5FE709E81.jpeg
FOUND A FIX, so I removed my door panel and took it to a trim shop. They looked at it and said they had a couple of ideas to remedy this issue. They decided the best way to fix it is by running staples into the plastic structure of the door panel. They ran staples all the way down the door panel to fix any issues they may rise in the future. Check these photos out. Hope this helps anyone with this issues. Works for any charger or challenger door panel from 2011 to present. Any questions let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
To remove the panel see here:

I put a few staples in mine the only issue is the staples will be visible. So I took a sharpie and knocked some of the shine off the staples some finger nail polish or touch up paint would work as well. My windows are tinted pretty dark so it's not very noticeable

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you who are looking at Ford, you'll see the same thing. My wife and I bought a brand new 2009 Mustang LX with the pony package. We bought it at night and couldn't look over it as well as I normally do. The next day I was driving and looked at the top of the door panels. It looked like they had been removed at some point. You could tell the plastic was stressed due to the white spots. I thought no big thing and continued to drive it. At 35k miles, the transmission started acting weird so I took it to the dealership where we bought it. I told them about the trans issues and showed them the door panels. They had my car for a week and did nothing but drive it. They called me and said it was ready to pick up. When I picked it up, they said warranty wouldn't replace them. The service advisor wasn't even there. The porter gave me all the information!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've got my side console panels off trying to fix them with 3M interior glue and c clamps. It's a very poor design with cheap plastic.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've got my side console panels off trying to fix them with 3M interior glue and c clamps. It's a very poor design with cheap plastic.
Did this work? I'm assuming you are talking about the panels on each side of the shifter/center console? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dodge should own up to their design flaw and fix the problems. I took my 2014 Charger R/T while it was still under warranty and the service guy just threw up his arms and I said what does that mean? He said, "yea that sucks." I was stunned. Now my charger is out of warranty and I'm suppose to pay for their design flaw. How is that right? I have a driver's side door that looks terrible and my dash is starting to roll back which will eventually affect my line of sight. Also my console is starting to roll back. I take excellent care of my car and no matter how well I take care of it the resell value is being affected by this and not to mention soon the interior is going to look terrible to no fault of my own. It's Dodge's fault and they should be held responsible for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's not just Dodge, I had a 2018 F-150 with under 1000 miles,2 months old and the dashboard was warping,had to have the entire dash replaced,just one of many problems with the (no longer my problem) truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 dodge charger RT and one of my interior pieces had warped. Just wonder what I can do to prevent this if that's even possible. The Florida heat is a killer.

I plan to fix this myself with a little glue but I don't want my interior doing this.
I tried glue didn't hold, have you tried replacing? if so any advice? where did you buy how much etc?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Did this work? I'm assuming you are talking about the panels on each side of the shifter/center console? Thanks!
Sorry, I just now saw this. Yes! It turned out quite well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup it's common (directly from my dealership mouth) also the uconnect screen bubble. But im in Florida as well and wondering if up north has had the same issue? Also huge thanks to Rzulkin for the Fix idea might try on mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Both of my wife's 2014 Charger RT door panels warped under warranty. Both were replaced. The replacements, less than one year later are both warped now. Now Dodge/Chrysler has to review the problem to determine if they will help cover the out of warranty replacement a second time! The service advisor is bending over backwards to "help". Now we see warpage at the dash/console. I noticed that both the door panel and dash warpage problems are reported on other forums. Seems to me Dodge/Chrysler has another design defect. Each door panel costs around $600 not including labor. Since we have two door panels warp, I doubt a third will correct the problem. We will need to leave the car at the dealer for the district manager to inspect and send pictures etc. to Chrysler for a decision on whether or not they will cover another replacement. I don't know what is worse, the wife's door panels and dashboard on the '14 RT or the timing chain recall on my '09 RT.

These will probably be the last Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles I ever buy. I sure wish I kept my '67 Coronet and '76 Colt.

Since the warpage problem appears to be common, perhaps this should be a separate thread. I bet there are a bunch of folks that are going to have the same problem and be ticked. This is clearly poor design engineering and poor materials selection.
2016 RT out of the warranty, dealer is a no way will not help situation. Mine was pretty bad and I am in Oregon not to hot here. I removed the foam behind the vinyl all along the whole top of the door panel at about 1/2" And used super glue gel on that top plastic edge under the vinyl and then held it in place with custom cut up paint sticks, you need to make them and get them set up to fit first. Super glue will not be affected by heat like Gorilla glue, or most epoxy based glues that like to break loose in hot conditions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2015 dodge charger RT and one of my interior pieces had warped. Just wonder what I can do to prevent this if that's even possible. The Florida heat is a killer.

I plan to fix this myself with a little glue but I don't want my interior doing this.
2016 RT out of the warranty, dealer is a no way will not help situation. Mine was pretty bad and I am in Oregon not to hot here. I removed the foam behind the vinyl all along the whole top of the door panel at about 1/2" And used super glue gel on that top plastic edge under the vinyl and then held it in place with custom cut up paint sticks, you need to make them and get them set up to fit first. Super glue will not be affected by heat like Gorilla glue, or most epoxy based glues that like to break loose in hot conditions.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts