Dodge Charger Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Do you have any pics of how you set it up? Thanks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
2016 RT out of the warranty, dealer is a no way will not help situation. Mine was pretty bad and I am in Oregon not to hot here. I removed the foam behind the vinyl all along the whole top of the door panel at about 1/2" And used super glue gel on that top plastic edge under the vinyl and then held it in place with custom cut up paint sticks, you need to make them and get them set up to fit first. Super glue will not be affected by heat like Gorilla glue, or most epoxy based glues that like to break loose in hot conditions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here it is with the H Depot paint sticks in place while drying, and finished after dried. Thank you Loctite super glue gel, looks much better than what others have done. Sorry to pat myself on the back but look at it you can’t tell. I have used Loctite super glue gel on every part on this car that comes lose and there has been many. P.S. You will need two packs to do the whole top of each door.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Here it is with the H Depot paint sticks in place while drying, and finished after dried. Thank you Loctite super glue gel, looks much better than what others have done. Sorry to pat myself on the back but look at it you can’t tell. I have used Loctite super glue gel on every part on this car that comes lose and there has been many. P.S. You will need two packs to do the whole top of each door.
That definitely looks better than staples. Well done. I would have to do both of panels in the center console too as they are lifted as well. I hate seeing it everyday, and I'm getting tired of waiting. Thanks for the detailed pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Remember if you actually get replacements from Dodge they will not last for long. The foam just basically falls apart and crumbles when you remove it anyway. All of you will see that this is a good fix. They have not changed anything I went to my local dealer and looked at a 2020. Still the same crap and yes I pushed up on the edge, oh my I am so sorry, in front of the sales person!!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts