Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at prices over several months as I was looking to get a new 2023 model before the V8's are gone. I have noticed using the Build and Price that over this past year the models have shot up in price by thousands. Right now a stock Charger Scat with ZERO options, just white or black color, is $50,735

Went and built a Challenger because I do not need a back seat except for the dogs and the Challenger Scat pack with automatic, Zero options in white or black, came in at $49,130.

I then built and priced a 2022 Mustang GT Premium with Automatic and destination charge. $$46,055 This has the Nav, choice of color, power driver/passenger leather seats..........

I then built and priced a 2023 Camaro 2SS, automatic with destination charge. $47,590. This comes with 275/40/20 rear tires, leather seating, Nav, power driver and passenger seats..........

I can't believe the cost for the 2022 Scat Packs. Adding options puts the price into the Mid $55K range. And they are sure to go up for 2023 model year, putting the price close to $60K for a few options.

Maybe I will just get a Jeep or a Truck

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I guess I will be buying a 2023/4 Camaro 2SS then. I can get that for less than $50K with Nav, auto 10 speed, leather interior, nice sterio. I can get used to looking over my shoulder to see out in traffic. Speedy (Speedy's Garage) bought a 2SS a few years back and loved it. He took a lot of crap on the Hellcat forum though.

Did not know that trucks have gone up that much also.

·
Registered
2022 Charger RT
16 Posts
Well, I guess I will be buying a 2023/4 Camaro 2SS then. I can get that for less than $50K with Nav, auto 10 speed, leather interior, nice sterio. I can get used to looking over my shoulder to see out in traffic. Speedy (Speedy's Garage) bought a 2SS a few years back and loved it. He took a lot of crap on the Hellcat forum though.

Did not know that trucks have gone up that much also.
The reason you can get the Camaro under 50k is that nobody is buying them, look at the sales numbers, the Camaro has been FAR behind the Challenger/Charger and the Mustang for the better part of a decade now.

I never understood why though, their engines are nearly bulletproof and personally I don’t think they are ugly. Look at the side profile of the latest Camaro vs. the newly announced Mustang, they are virtually identical looking. I’ve heard the interiors are in the cheap GM global parts bin design language, but even that isn’t all bad, at least you can get part’s because they used the same ones in everything.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Been looking at prices over several months as I was looking to get a new 2023 model before the V8's are gone. I have noticed using the Build and Price that over this past year the models have shot up in price by thousands. Right now a stock Charger Scat with ZERO options, just white or black color, is $50,735

Went and built a Challenger because I do not need a back seat except for the dogs and the Challenger Scat pack with automatic, Zero options in white or black, came in at $49,130.

I then built and priced a 2022 Mustang GT Premium with Automatic and destination charge. $$46,055 This has the Nav, choice of color, power driver/passenger leather seats..........

I then built and priced a 2023 Camaro 2SS, automatic with destination charge. $47,590. This comes with 275/40/20 rear tires, leather seating, Nav, power driver and passenger seats..........

I can't believe the cost for the 2022 Scat Packs. Adding options puts the price into the Mid $55K range. And they are sure to go up for 2023 model year, putting the price close to $60K for a few options.

Maybe I will just get a Jeep or a Truck
Maybe find a nice used one that's been taken care of ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The reason you can get the Camaro under 50k is that nobody is buying them, look at the sales numbers, the Camaro has been FAR behind the Challenger/Charger and the Mustang for the better part of a decade now.

I never understood why though, their engines are nearly bulletproof and personally I don’t think they are ugly. Look at the side profile of the latest Camaro vs. the newly announced Mustang, they are virtually identical looking. I’ve heard the interiors are in the cheap GM global parts bin design language, but even that isn’t all bad, at least you can get part’s because they used the same ones in everything.
The 6.0/6.2L V8 is a great powertrain, and the Camaro is a nice looking car. My main criticism is that it's like sitting in a bathtub and outward visibility isn't so good.

RamAirV1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts