Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed shorty headers and a cai on my 2010 r/t now the check eng light is on has 2 codes
P2096 fuel trim lean, bank 1
P2098 same bank 2
pending codes
p0133 o2 slow to response bank 1 sensor 1
p0153 o2 slow to response bank 2 sensor 1
I have a turner tried 91 and 93 same thing I did reused the o2 sen could both go bad,, these are the ones I changed over.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Check for exhaust leaks upstream from the O2 sensors. Check the O2 sensor wiring & connectors. Did you use anti-seize on the O2 sensor threads? If so, did any of the anti-seize come in contact with the head of the sensor?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would make sure the o2s are plugged all the way in. I know 1-2 were tough to get to when putting JBA shorties on my 12 RT last month.
Second, JBA recommended to put a small amount of high temp copper “sensor safe” RTV on the mid-pipe flange to present leaks.
Also, it took 7-8 “rounds” when tightening the header bolts since each round compresses the gasket some. Make sure bolts are tight at header and mid-pipe.
Did you use OEM gaskets and header bolts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have check everything 2-3 times on luck, o2 on order

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I have it fixed ,,,, some what ,,,both the 1st o2 read lean, change the bank 1 o2 ( could not get it out had to remove the header know we are having fun) got it back together same thing!!!! I have a Diablo as I said I tried the 91, and 93 tune so I put THE STOCK TUNE BACK IN IT AND NO CHECK ENG LIGHT. Yes I did update it Yes I will be calling them first thing Monday if they were close I go and put this tuner up some ones ASSSSSS

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I tried the 91, and 93 tune so I put THE STOCK TUNE BACK IN IT AND NO CHECK ENG LIGHT.
Interesting. I have the Diablo with a 91 octane custom tune. No check engine light after installing shorty headers but the performance was improved (smoother) after getting an update to the tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts