Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If you just broke one of the locking barbs I think you will find it will re-install and work fine.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I didn’t know halogen has those locking rings now. The HID retainer rings are a huuuuuge pain in the ass to remove. I bought beefier ones on eBay bc the oem ones break so damn easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IDK! Might have to improvise, maybe rig something with a zip-tie until you find the correct retainer? Might be worth a try.
Ya that was the first thing I did with a ziptie but it has nothing really to grip so slides off super easy. I bought a junkyard assembly with that piece attached but can't get it off. Ugh what a pain. It has lips on the back side to it looks like you twist to turn but won't move.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it's a quarter turn to the right that unlocks it. Opposite of what you think would tighten it.
Ya, tried that numerous times. It can only turn one way as there is a lip on the assembly and the retaining ring has a lil lip as well that keeps it from turning any farther if you tried to turn left.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FYI. Dodge does not sell the retaining ring separately. I had to purchase a headlight assembly from a junkyard. I was able to remove the ring after some work and install it on my headlight assembly. Not an easy process. Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts