Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Dodge Charger and yesterday the heater/ac would not come on and the airbag light came on. Could this be a problem with a fuse and if so which fuses do I need to check? I am a single mother of a senior in high school and with money being an issue right now I need to try and fix this issue myself if at all possible. PLEASE HELP, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,391 Posts
Yea bro, I think you need to check your fuse and see if that might be blown or failing to connect. Are you getting any codes from the light being on??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not getting any codes or anything from the airbag light. I've checked the internet for what fuses operate the ac/heater and searched for diagrams but haven't found anything really descriptive. I am a woman and don't know a lot about cars but if I have a good diagram or video I have been able to fix other problems with my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not getting any codes or anything from the airbag light. I've checked the internet for what fuses operate the ac/heater and searched for diagrams but haven't found anything really descriptive. I am a woman and don't know a lot about cars but if I have a good diagram or video I have been able to fix other problems with my car.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,391 Posts
Oh ok, I'm sorry I called you "bro" earlier. I apologize for that. Well I looked on the Dodge website under the owner's manual and found that the ORC (Occupant Restraint Controller) is what monitors that entire system. This fuse is in the trunk near the spare tire. It's in Cavity 27 and will be a 10 Amp red colored fuse. if you look underneath the fuse box cover it will show you, how each fuse sits and where the are located. You will check to see if that one looks damaged or loose.

·
Drive it like u stole it!
3,408 Posts
I've heard of something similar but it threw a code, "open ignition circuit". Turned out to be the ignition switch was bad and was causing the airbag light to come on and the HVAC to not work. Good luck though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I will try that. I love my Charger but I've had nothing but trouble with it since I got it. Had to have it towed to the dealership because it wouldn't crank or come out of park. When I turned the key over nothing happened. Turned out they said my key was bad and they needed to reprogram some things. Now I'm having the problem with my Heat/AC and I noticed yesterday when I turned it off sometimes the radio wouldn't turn off and my door locks wouldn't work. It's becoming a real headache, just wish I could get all the kinks worked out of it.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,391 Posts
Wow, sorry you're having so much trouble. I hope everything works out for you. Just keep us posted as we're all here to help

·
Registered
2 Posts
For anyone still looking I had a similar issue (no power to AC control/ airbag light on) and found a fix. In the trunk fuse box there is a black fuse with an arrow symbol on top, it was in backwards. I believe it’s slot D2 but it needs to be right next to fuse #30. Switched mine to the correct orientation and it’s working fine now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts