Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a hellcat lower intake box and grill ram air tube on my 2016 Charger R/T.

I wasn’t sure this would work but Josh at Steve white parts seemed to think it would... The hardest part of the install was was getting to all the random clips and bolts holding the front bumper on. Past that, the install does require some trimming and modification of the existing rubber radiator/headlight trim to allow the new ram air shroud to fit. As you can see, the ram air tube fits nicely behind the stock grill (with trimming) and the interior of the airbox is larger and smooth compared to the stock airbox.

I haven’t noticed any immediate power gains but I am still running an oem mopar filter. I have a green filter on the way and will report back after I have a chance to drive around a bit. To be honest, I’m not expecting much but I think this is a cleaner look, a true cold air Intake and cheaper alternative to the aftermarket “cold air” intakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looks good! I did this 2 weeks ago, plus changed the upper and lower grilles to the Scat Pack dual snorkel style.What you will notice is your IAT running a few degrees cooler. I'm also running a dry reusable filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts