Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay well im new to the forum but i need some information. today i was driving my 2006 charger and i was going with traffic about 80 mph and i went to accelerate around a car and my car wouldn't pick up speed. I got over to the side of the road to get ready to pull over and the car's oil light turned on, dinged and then the car stalled. I pulled over and popped the hood immediately and white smoke was coming from the dipstick hole and the air filter compartment. now when i try to start it, it just makes a terrible screech that sounds like its coming from the engine block and it wont start. the engine jumps when i try to start it also. any ideas on what it may be? i know for a fact its not the starter or the fan belt.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Welcome to the forumz from Canada. Lots of great info and friendly people here. White smoke (or any smoke for that matter) is a bad sign. From what I recall white smoke is from liquid (water/anti-freeze) evaporating. Why you are getting liquid in your oil system I have no idea, but it's usually a costly repair.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It sounds like it sizzed up if lost a head gasket you well could be dumping coolant into the cylinders. that does not sound good - Sorry. how many miles - will it turn over ????

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Welcome from CO. Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm not a 100% sure what it could be but I'd stop trying to start it- could just lead to more problems. I'm with nanook, smoke of any color isn't good. I had a similar thing happen with my very first car... a 1980ish Pontiac boat. Needless to say, I doubt you want to hear what needed done to that car but I wound up buying a new one. Granted that car wasn't worth what it would have cost to fix it but it was enough. I really hope there isn't major issues and it can be resolved quickly. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Orlando FL! Definitely not a great first post to come out on, but hopefully its not as serious as it sounds!

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,245 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Welcome to the Z from VA!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Ohio! White smoke usually means head gasket!

·
Registered
15,689 Posts
Welcome to the Z from South GA!

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Germany!!

Sorry hear about your issue but sounds like these guys have you covered, GL with getting it fixed.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Welcome aboard from Virginia! Unfortunately, I agree with some of the others that have posted - sounds like a head gasket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts