Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello the forum!

A few weeks ago I picked up a 2019 Dodge Charger R/T.

I've been a responsible adult and drove responsible adult cars for the past two decades.
This was obviously not a responsible adult decision.
But I drove a muscle car in high school and wanted something similar...a big, comfortable car that goes really fast and gets terrible gas mileage.
I do drive quite a bit for work and needed something I could live with daily - the R/T seemed to check a lot of boxes.

Being this is my first Dodge - and I don't buy cars very often so there's a lot of "new" here - there's a bit of a learning curve.
Looking forward to using the "Search Community" function.
A lot.

So far I'm very pleased with the Charger!

Attachments

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,552 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy the site!

BTW, I grew up in Hartsville & still have a place down there.

·
Registered
2015 Rallye with Plus Package
1,843 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western NY. From the picture, it appears you have a Tor Red Charger. Nice looking!

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,623 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

Reactions: ISellSquash

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Z from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy the site!

BTW, I grew up in Hartsville & still have a place down there.
Well, if you're in the area give me a shout. :)

I'm no more than an angry mule's kick from Hartsville.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum from Western NY. From the picture, it appears you have a Tor Red Charger. Nice looking!
Thanks! And your eyes do not deceive - it is indeed TorRed. :)

"Hello Officer Red" is honestly not my style or what I had in mind.
But with the used car market as thin as it is...
I had in my head what I wanted - this car ticked all the boxes - and it was red. :rolleyes:

Now that I have it, I like it - it's growing on me. :cool:

·
Registered
2015 Rallye with Plus Package
1,843 Posts
"Hello Officer Red" is honestly not my style or what I had in mind.
But with the used car market as thin as it is...
I had in my head what I wanted - this car ticked all the boxes - and it was red. :rolleyes:

Now that I have it, I like it - it's growing on me. :cool:
I know what you mean. My first Charger was an '06 Daytona. Top Banana (Bright Yellow) with huge black HEMI decals on the hood. I'm usually pretty subdued, and this was pretty "loud". However, after I had it awhile, I began to appreciate it. It was a real head turner, and I received a number of compliments about it.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Frostbite Blue Plus Group 2004 Mustang GT Deluxe Shadow Black 40th Ann
10 Posts
Hello the forum!

I've been a responsible adult and drove responsible adult cars for the past two decades.
But I drove a muscle car in high school and wanted something similar...a big, comfortable car that goes really fast and gets terrible gas mileage.
I do drive quite a bit for work and needed something I could live with daily - the R/T seemed to check a lot of boxes.

Being this is my first Dodge - and I don't buy cars very often so there's a lot of "new" here - there's a bit of a learning curve.
A lot.

Nice Ride and welcome to the forum! I’m fairly new myself but no stranger to muscle cars but this being my first Dodge ever. I’ve frequented Florence SC many times and made it my duty to stop at Tubbs each time for their shrimp and grits or that awesome shrimp po boy.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hello the forum!

A lot.

hello, and congrats. although it IS practical....it's a roomy 4 door family car, and my old 2011 Toxic Orange charger R/T would get 30mpg on the freeway and low 20's in mixed driving if you kept it below 75mph .....unfortunately, I got T-boned in november of 2019 and it was totaled. but I did find it's near twin a few months later, so now I have a 2011 Toxic Orange 2011 R/T Road&Track. it's mileage isn't quite as good, I've been getting high teens to about 21 in mixed driving, and about 26-27 on the freeway if I keep it at 70. I am guessing most of the difference is at least in 2011, the standard R/T had a 2.82 rear end gear ratio, and the Road&Track edition had a 3.04....
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Reactions: ISellSquash

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hello, and congrats. although it IS practical....it's a roomy 4 door family car, and my old 2011 Toxic Orange charger R/T would get 30mpg on the freeway and low 20's in mixed driving if you kept it below 75mph .....unfortunately, I got T-boned in november of 2019 and it was totaled. but I did find it's near twin a few months later, so now I have a 2011 Toxic Orange 2011 R/T Road&Track. it's mileage isn't quite as good, I've been getting high teens to about 21 in mixed driving, and about 26-27 on the freeway if I keep it at 70. I am guessing most of the difference is at least in 2011, the standard R/T had a 2.82 rear end gear ratio, and the Road&Track edition had a 3.04.... View attachment 124463
Awesome car & love the color! 😁

I agree - one could call the Charger practical for the reasons you gave. And honestly, for me it checked a lot of boxes as a business vehicle. It's a comfortable, roomy ride. And in the few weeks I've owned it, I'm averaging right at 20 mpg (plus or minus a few tenths).

That being said, I hold no illusions. My Nissan Sentra did the job quite well and at a far lower price point. But it didn't make me grin to drive it. And I've received more compliments on the Charger in one day than I did on the Nissan the whole time I owned it. So there's that... 😜

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello, and congrats. although it IS practical....it's a roomy 4 door family car, and my old 2011 Toxic Orange charger R/T would get 30mpg on the freeway and low 20's in mixed driving if you kept it below 75mph .....unfortunately, I got T-boned in november of 2019 and it was totaled. but I did find it's near twin a few months later, so now I have a 2011 Toxic Orange 2011 R/T Road&Track. it's mileage isn't quite as good, I've been getting high teens to about 21 in mixed driving, and about 26-27 on the freeway if I keep it at 70. I am guessing most of the difference is at least in 2011, the standard R/T had a 2.82 rear end gear ratio, and the Road&Track edition had a 3.04...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts