Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey,

Just joined and am also from the shore but a bit north of you; Monmouth County. Used to go to LBI all the time when I was younger but not so much lately.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,

Just joined and am also from the shore but a bit north of you; Monmouth County. Used to go to LBI all the time when I was younger but not so much lately.
Looks like we have similar cars, same color. Mine is an RT. Just learning uconnect system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's awesome. The V8 must be all kinds of fun.

I really like the Granite Crystal more than I thought I would. It has a slight brown/gold tone to it, colors I usually don't prefer, but I think it looks good. In the sunlight when the metallic bits are shining it looks great.

I like Uconnect so far, especially since my last car didn't even have an infotainment screen. It took me while to realize that the push button on the back of the left side, in the middle of the rocker switch, goes through your radio presets instead of using the rocker to go through every station one-by-one. I also like that it has no lag once it gets going, which I'll take over the most feature rich systems that need a second every time you touch it. I drove a 2018 Volvo XC60 recently, and even though the Sensus system looks great, I felt like it was stuttering every so often.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome. The V8 must be all kinds of fun.

I really like the Granite Crystal more than I thought I would. It has a slight brown/gold tone to it, colors I usually don't prefer, but I think it looks good. In the sunlight when the metallic bits are shining it looks great.

I like Uconnect so far, especially since my last car didn't even have an infotainment screen. It took me while to realize that the push button on the back of the left side, in the middle of the rocker switch, goes through your radio presets instead of using the rocker to go through every station one-by-one. I also like that it has no lag once it gets going, which I'll take over the most feature rich systems that need a second every time you touch it. I drove a 2018 Volvo XC60 recently, and even though the Sensus system looks great, I felt like it was stuttering every so often.
Any helpful hints on uconnect?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm. After browsing through it when I first got the car I really only use it for the radio and bluetooth. I will say I use the voice commands a little more than I thought I would. I automatically assumed that it would rarely understand what you ask it to do but it's actually not that bad. I'd say try using it a little more if you don't already. It's convenient once you get used to using it, especially for making phone calls. Before if I ever had to make a phone call while in my car I would either pull into a parking a lot or the call wouldn't get made. Being able to make those important calls while you're on the highway or wherever reminds me of when cell phones started becoming ubiquitous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts