Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm a senior but have always been a gear head. People tease me now since I got my new Dodge Charger Daytona 392. I love the design, and am totally amazed at the new technology and electronic controls on this car. I'm very impressed.
I also have a Superformance Cobra Roadster with a Ford 460 V8 on it, and a Vespa GTS300.

Attachments

Reactions: GMAC

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,494 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Welcome to the site from Pa. You can never be to old for fun.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ray, welcome to the forum from the western part of the state. You're never too old to enjoy these Chargers, especially the Daytona. I'm a 70 year old cancer patient and I'm loving mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ray, welcome to the forum from the western part of the state. You're never too old to enjoy these Chargers, especially the Daytona. I'm a 70 year old cancer patient and I'm loving mine.
I agree 101%, Bob! I've always been a gearhead and also have a Superformance Cobra Roadster (Shelby) as well as a Vespa GTS300. The Daytona keeps me sane.

Hey...I'm a Stage 4 NH Lymphoma Survivor for going on 8 years now. Positivity, prayers, and my toys fixed me up!...and keeps me up and totally fixed!

fullsizeoutput_31d4.jpeg

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hey...I'm a Stage 4 NH Lymphoma Survivor for going on 8 years now. Positivity, prayers, and my toys fixed me up!...and keeps me up and totally fixed!

View attachment 92830
I was diagnosed last October with Stage 4 lung cancer. I never smoked a cigarette in my life, but after I was diagnosed, I found that Radon gas is the #2 cause of lung cancer. I checked my house and my radon levels were 7X the EPA guidelines. I've since had it corrected, but I suspect that may have been the cause.

I've had multiple rounds of chemo and Keytruda (immunotherapy drug). The last PET/CT scan (March) showed the cancer was in remission. I've been continuing the chemo and a CT scan in June showed the lung tumor has shrunk over 50%. It's too early to say I'm a survivor, although things are looking positive at the moment. I've been fortunate to have a lot of people praying for me and I'm convinced that has been a big part of my recovery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was diagnosed last October with Stage 4 lung cancer. ................ I've been fortunate to have a lot of people praying for me and I'm convinced that has been a big part of my recovery.
Bob, I shall send healing vibes and say a prayer for you. Cancer is a pretty bad enemy and I've lost my dear sister and a few relatives to it. I'm a strong believer in the power of the human mind. While I was still undergoing chemo, and being in the imaging-oriented creative advertising business, I spent a few hours each day in deep meditation reducing my bodily existence to the cellular level. I organized cancer-fighting cell-armies inside my body and visualized incredible battles against this horrible enemy. They were hard-fought but I always won.

When I had my business, Pharmaceutical companies were my biggest clients and they helped me pay for everything I've got and afforded me a pretty nice lifestyle. So, in spite of some negative reputations they have as far as the business and money aspect goes, I still support their research initiatives and drug marketing programs.

After my 3rd chemo session, I decided to bring my entire family to a first class vacation in Barbados; secretly in my mind, as a nice goodbye to my loved ones. The second morning, while having coffee in my suite's balcony, I had pretty incredible, slightly religious, out-of-body experience; where He basically told me I was healed but that I had an additional mission in life. I insisted that I was not the religious type but I was basically told to simply spread the good word about the power of positivity and the immense influence of being happy towards the healing process. Coming back to New York and seeing my hematologist, I insisted I no longer needed any more chemo as I was cured. He said I had stage 4 and agreed to do the scans and all the tests to prove to me that I needed more. 2 days later, he called me frantically to tell me that all the xrays, scans and tests showed me completely free of cancer! He and my wife insisted on a lower dose continuation of my chemotherapy. (Thanks to that, my memory's totally fu..ed up! :-D)

That was eight years ago, I'm still cancer-free, and have increased my friendships tenfold with many healings and recoveries around me. Enjoying my life with my toys; particularly this incredible machine, the Daytona 392!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ray, thank you for your prayers and good wishes. I have a positive attitude, which I'm sure helps me fight the cancer. As I mentioned, the March PET/CT scan showed that the cancer was in remission. Unfortunately, I was told that Medicare will only pay for 3 PET scans in a patient's lifetime. I've already had 2 PET scans, so I only have one left. My oncologist wants to wait to use the last one. While the CT scans show that the lung tumor is shrinking (good news), it doesn't show whether the cancer is still in remission. I can only "assume" that it is (because the tumor is shrinking).

Like you, I'm trying to enjoy life and spend as much time as possible with my wife and family. As much as I like my '15 Rallye, I would love to have a Hemi again (my previous Charger was an '06 Daytona). I got the V6 this time around to save on cost (both initial purchase price and fuel costs). However, that was before I was diagnosed with cancer. If I had to do it all over again (now) I would get a Hemi.

Thanks for you perspective on life and congratulations on being a cancer survivor. I'm hoping that in a few years I can make the same claim!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Daytona392.png
Thanks you all! Happy motoring!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts