Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've been reading numerous post about others with similar problems as to mine. This past summer I was pulling into a parking space and the car just completely died. I sat there for a few minutes trying to get it to crank up and nothing. It would turn over but not start. So went on in the store for about 10 minutes came out and it started. When it started the check engine light and traction control light were both on. So I had a few more errands to run and when I got to the last stop the car died again. Sat there for 20 minutes trying to start it. It eventually started and I decided to drive it to Advance to have them put the machine on it. It kicked out the codes for crankshaft and camshaft sensors. So I drove it on home where when I tried to start it after shutting it off so my dad could see what I was talking about it did absolutely nothing. But still turning over. So we replaced the crankshaft sensor, plugs and put a new battery in it and it still wouldn't start. We took the front off to make sure the timing belt was fine and it hadn't jumped time and everything checked out perfectly. After 2 weeks of sitting there someone told me to replace the starter relay. I did and it started. But the issue I'm still having is the check engine light and traction control light still on. When you start the car there is a delay and it makes this awful noise like it doesn't want to start but after the second time of trying to start it, it will fire up. Now the major issue is when you reach speeds between 50 mph and 70 mph the car will start jerking unless you maintain a constant speed of for an example 55. The cruise control will not work now. The car will jerk for a little bit until you decrease your speed. Also it feels like when you reach those speeds and let off the gas when you press the accelerator it feels like something maybe wrong with the fuel pump. Both fuel pumps have been checked and are working. Like you really have to press the accelerator to get your speed back up. I've been dealing with this issue since June of 2015. 3 mechanics have looked at it and no one seems to know what the problem is. The crankshaft sensor has been replaced twice and I'm still getting the code for it. Even after disconnecting the battery the lights immediately come back on. I'm in need of help because it's time for inspection and it will not pass.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
The crankshaft sensor has been replaced twice
Have the camshaft sensors been replaced?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar problem, but seems I got mine under control since finding small amount of water in lower trunk area. Where the donut is next to the battery and fuse box. I believe the codes were being thrown as fuse box got wet and threw all kinds of codes. Put me in limp mode or just wouldn't start. U0101, 2098, 2096, bas/esp was acting up. Then let it sit for some time to dry out..remove 11 fuse from front fuse for a couple min. Cleaned up water and sealed the rubber on trunk. All is normal again. But I had a hell of a week trying to find what my possesed car wanted. Maybe this will help, my advise check wiring/fuses in trunk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No we already checked for water damage in the trunk and everything checked out fine. I took it to a shop that only deals with dodge and Chrysler. He listened to my problems and had me to start it and all that stuff and told me my problem is in the engine but the kicker is he isn't going to be able to get to mine until the middle of next week. I wish it was something as simple as a fuse but we've replaced both cam and crankshaft sensors, plugs, new battery. Just praying it's nothing major and it doesn't cost me an arm, leg, lung and kidney.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No we already checked for water damage in the trunk and everything checked out fine. I took it to a shop that only deals with dodge and Chrysler. He listened to my problems and had me to start it and all that stuff and told me my problem is in the engine but the kicker is he isn't going to be able to get to mine until the middle of next week. I wish it was something as simple as a fuse but we've replaced both cam and crankshaft sensors, plugs, new battery. Just praying it's nothing major and it doesn't cost me an arm, leg, lung and kidney.
  1. Did you even find the problem? I have the exact same issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same problem too. I've changed both the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors and the egr valve, I also cleaned the throttle body reprogrammed the steering angle sensor and the throttle position sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts