Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealing with this right now on my 09 charger, hopefully it's just an instrument cluster connection. I've replaced all the same things you have and still having the same issue. It's driving me insane, what was it that you exactly fixed for the instrument cluster connection?
Here's the fix!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This code is driving me nuts and broke at the same time. I recently bought a 07 charger with 524,000km or 328,000mi yeah that is not a typo! had P1004 and P0462 codes. Replaced srv actuator and 1004 is gone but cant seem to beat the 0462 (fuel level sensor "a" low voltage) replaced complete fuel pump unit left side ($270 from dealer + tax) cleared codes and within 15 min code is back. Purchased new right side sender ($240 + tax) plugged in before install all is good. Played with senders fuel gauge working great. Installed cleared codes it lasted 1/2hr before popping the code again and gauge hits the E. Any ideas??? I'm getting a bad headache from banging my head. Wont pass the new plug in emissions test here in Ontario with that code and cel light on. Also checked wiring at and the pcm pins for corrosion and there is none. Thanks in advance
I hope it helps. I had the same problem. Just fixed it today. The cluster passed test all wires are good could not find problem so I put old cluster in that I had changed because led screen was bad. Every time I switched them old one gas gauge works and no engine code 462.put the other back in and gas gauge would read wrong and engine light would come on with 462. The gauge will still move while running test but might not be reading the full level sensor. I went to wreckers today grabbed a third cluster and put it in and it's working good. $40. I will post in few weeks to update if problem comes back.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts