Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Z, I need some pointers on how to wire up some 9.5inch 24led strips underneath the dash and seats to light up the footwells. The wires are around 2-3 feet. I was thinking of running them all toward the cent of the car,like the dash lights would have the wired end facing the center bezel and the seats would be the saem, then connect the 2 positive to a wire and the 2 negatives to the ground wire, then run those 2 wires to the switch in the ashtray. But this is where I need help, I have the other led strips (3M SMD strips that I had in the grille previously) that I plan on putting in the trunk to light that up all on the same switch. I know the basic wiring for the dash/seat lights, but would it be too much to wire the trunk lights into that as well? Or should I just wire it seperatly? Any advise would be appriciated and sorry for the rambling lol:TU:

·
Registered
528 Posts
You can wire it in together..no prob. LED strips use very little power so not going to max out as long as you get a good enough switch.

DrBill

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Either that or wire the trunk LED's like I did right inot the trunk light wires so that way they come on whenever you open your trunk just like the trunk light! If you pull down the cover around the trunk light itslef you will see the wire s going into it. Just slice the cover and cafefully peel it back exposing the wires. Then just get some jumper connectors and jump the LED's right into the trunk light wires and BAM your done!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill and Craig

Craig, would that void my warrenty? Granted its only leds that could do no real harm, but cutting the factory wires wouldnt run me into any trouble if I had to go back to the dealer?

·
Registered
897 Posts
not unless you had a problem with the wire you cut....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts