Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my lovely lady found out from my family that I wanted these exact headlights and she went way above and beyond and bought them for me. I plan on installing them soon, but have some questions. I will post my questions under the photos... Sorry for the quality of the photos... it was low light and my cell phone....

Anzo Projector Headlights with LED's and Halo's

BACK SIDE

1) There is a red and black wire that is coming from the bottom left of the back of the light. Does this go to the 3led lights or to my halos?

1a) If it is my LEDs where is the wire to my Halos?
1b) If it is my Halo which wire is my LEDs?

2) Why are there two connectors to the parking lights see bottom right of the 2nd image?

I do not have any DRLs. What I am wanting to do is have my LEDs turn on when my parking lights are turned on. I want to select when my Halos come on as I do not want them running everytime I turn on my parking lights/headlights. So I want to install an independent switch for just the halos. I am planning on installing the switch under my dimmer switch on the left of my dash. 3) what is the difficutly level in getting to this location to install the switch?

I am sure I will have more questions but thank you in advance to the all knowing who help me out!

·
H-D 883 IRON
5,599 Posts
Did they not come with installation instructions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
i bought the same exact lights from anzo and the way i wired them is i connected the ground wire (black wire from the headlights) to the ground wire going into the corner light using a quick connector. Did the same thing with the red wire into the other wire going into the corner light and connected it with a quick connector. When i turned on my parking lights, the halos would go on and not the projector. turn the lights on, halos and LEDs remain lit as well. im not sure if this is what your looking for but this is how i did mine. hope it helps

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No.... =(

I would call the place they were purchased from but will have to wait after the holidays.... I also cant find any online manuals.... know of anyway to test the lgiths w/o hooking them up to the car?

·
H-D 883 IRON
5,599 Posts
No.... =(

I would call the place they were purchased from but will have to wait after the holidays.... I also cant find any online manuals.... know of anyway to test the lgiths w/o hooking them up to the car?

You could test them if you have a spare 12V battery or a jumper box. Some of the connectors should match up with your vehicle harness.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ah damn lol. not sure how to test them before hooking them up. i got rid of my car that had these, too bad i cant look at it. all i remember is those two wires but i cant imagine how you can only have the LEDs on and no halos or vice versa. best of luck to ya man

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought the same exact lights from anzo and the way i wired them is i connected the ground wire (black wire from the headlights) to the ground wire going into the corner light using a quick connector. Did the same thing with the red wire into the other wire going into the corner light and connected it with a quick connector. When i turned on my parking lights, the halos would go on and not the projector. turn the lights on, halos and LEDs remain lit as well. im not sure if this is what your looking for but this is how i did mine. hope it helps
Sorry I missed this post earlier.... Do the LEDs light up at the same time as the halos? Like, are they powered by the same wires coming from the headlight housing? I was thinking about hooking it up the way you said above, but I want to be able to not run my halos unless I want them on... in hopes they will last longer.

I guess I could run the power wires from the halos to a switch then run a wire back to a quick connector at the light... or another power source....

You could test them if you have a spare 12V battery or a jumper box. Some of the connectors should match up with your vehicle harness.
Damn I have neither... haha.. looks like I will have to use the car... I can't work on it at night as my garage door is stuck closed (damn old houses) and I don't get home until after dark here lately.

ah damn lol. not sure how to test them before hooking them up. i got rid of my car that had these, too bad i cant look at it. all i remember is those two wires but i cant imagine how you can only have the LEDs on and no halos or vice versa. best of luck to ya man
I don't mind if the 3 led lights and the halos are on at once (how bright are the LEDs btw?) ... I just want to be able to have them off when I turn the head lights on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i believe both are powered by the same wires. if i recall the halos will last a very long time.

As far as the LEDs, they are bright but not super bright. i have pics of how mine looked so ill try to get them up for you to see

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i believe both are powered by the same wires. if i recall the halos will last a very long time.

As far as the LEDs, they are bright but not super bright. i have pics of how mine looked so ill try to get them up for you to see
That would be awesome bro! Can't wait!

·
Registered
142 Posts
here you go! this is how mine were

Attachments

Reactions: morech

·
Registered
458 Posts
1) There is a red and black wire that is coming from the bottom left of the back of the light. Does this go to the 3led lights or to my halos?
Those appear to be the wiring for the thee LED's. I think you would be all right to use a quick connect to the sidemarker light to run those with the sidemarker/ parking lights.

There appears to be another black/ red wire with a black connector coming from underneath the high beam light, it looks like those are for your halos. Did those headlights come with a regulator or an inverter??? It looks like it was setup with a plug for an some type of connection?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just looked at your pics again, the other red/ black wire on the right hand side just appears to be your turn signal, side marker light wires.

I think the red/ black wire coming out from the bottom left side of the headlight assembly, is for your the three LED's and the halos too. I would wire them into the side marker wiring so they turn on with your parking lights.

It doesn't look like there is any other way to run them separately aside from opening the head light up and changing the wiring inside???

Too bad they didn't come with the instructons.....:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the red/black wires are the 3LED lights. The Halos are built in the relay which turn on as Parking Lights.

Could be wrong though. But I think thats how that set is set up.
Thanks bro! I really wish this came with some sort of instruction manual. But what you see is what is in the boxes (plus packing material)...

here you go! this is how mine were
Those look great! Were you happy with them?

Those appear to be the wiring for the thee LED's. I think you would be all right to use a quick connect to the sidemarker light to run those with the sidemarker/ parking lights.

There appears to be another black/ red wire with a black connector coming from underneath the high beam light, it looks like those are for your halos. Did those headlights come with a regulator or an inverter??? It looks like it was setup with a plug for an some type of connection?
The two sets of wires are actually coming from the parking light. There is only one set coming from the highbeams (white and black)... There is a set of three wires that go into a connector (red brown and black)... from that connector a brown and black wire go to a second wire. Could this be for different year cars (ie. 2006 would use one wire, but 2007 would use the other)? See below.

and here are the two connectors...

There weren't any inverters or regulators that came with the lights. They said they were plug and play. Arg... this irritates me they didn't send any manuals, links to a webite, or hints to seek a youtube video... lol

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just looked at your pics again, the other red/ black wire on the right hand side just appears to be your turn signal, side marker light wires.

I think the red/ black wire coming out from the bottom left side of the headlight assembly, is for your the three LED's and the halos too. I would wire them into the side marker wiring so they turn on with your parking lights.

It doesn't look like there is any other way to run them separately aside from opening the head light up and changing the wiring inside???

Too bad they didn't come with the instructons.....:4-dontknow:
Yeah that is making sense... just don't know why there is two connectors to the side marker... is it stock like that with one of them lacking the red wire? I posted pic in the above reply.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i loved the lights. i ended up trading my car for this daytona and i didn't have time to take them out so i had to give them up to the dealer :( definitely one of my favorite mods ive done

·
Registered
458 Posts
Now that I see it, the brown and black wire coming out of the one female connector that is attached to the back of the housing via a metal clip, (where the wiring harness plugs, 3 pin?, into the light to provide power for the turn signal and side marker), are the wires that allow you to hook up to the side marker light, with the other female connector end, 2 pin.

Easy way to check, is to go to the passenger side and just pop out the side marker light, (there's a little tab to push on and it just pops out), just twist the plug and pop it out of the back of the side marker housing, the wires should be black/ brown.....

You should be able to see the back of the stock housing as it is very similar to the Anzo lights.

It is strange that the LED/ halo wires come out of the one side. I would figure just wiring them into the side marker light would be the easy solution to get power to them. Figured they would have just done that for ya anyway???

May be they left them that way, to give you the option on whether to wire them with the parking lights or to turn on with the headlights???

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now that I see it, the brown and black wire coming out of the one female connector that is attached to the back of the housing via a metal clip, (where the wiring harness plugs, 3 pin?, into the light to provide power for the turn signal and side marker), are the wires that allow you to hook up to the side marker light, with the other female connector end, 2 pin.

Easy way to check, is to go to the passenger side and just pop out the side marker light, (there's a little tab to push on and it just pops out), just twist the plug and pop it out of the back of the side marker housing, the wires should be black/ brown.....

You should be able to see the back of the stock housing as it is very similar to the Anzo lights.

It is strange that the LED/ halo wires come out of the one side. I would figure just wiring them into the side marker light would be the easy solution to get power to them. Figured they would have just done that for ya anyway???

May be they left them that way, to give you the option on whether to wire them with the parking lights or to turn on with the headlights???
That is a good thought, I will check tomorrow if I get a chance and see if that is how it is set up. I am itching to install these beasts... I don't have the means to do it tho =(.

Yeah, the led/halo wiring the way it is was making me think it needed to be hooked up to a switch in the car.

Thanks for the help and I will update soon.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you are worried about pulling the front facia off, don't be, it wasn't that bad. 10mm socket with a swivel and an extension with a ratchet wrench, an 8mm socket and something to pop up the clips and it will take a grand total of maybe 25mnutes if you take your time. I followed the AAC video that was posted up here a while back ago on how to take it off. Not bad at all.

Get it done man, get it done!!!:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.