Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new 2011 Dodge Charger V6. I've had it for a little over a month now and the list of problems I'm having seems to grow every day. Within a week a message popped up telling me I needed to have my keyless entry system serviced. Since the closest Dodge Dealership is 3 hours away from here I decided to wait. Then starting about 3 days ago its like its having a melt down. 3 days ago my power steering went out.. a steering wheel with a ! next to it popped onto my message board and i had no steering.. after having several people help me look for the problem and having no solution i made an appt for it to go to the dodge house. they cant get me in for a week and the power steering is being spuratic. Then, 2 days ago im pretty sure my ac seized. It was working fine and then all of a sudden the belt stopped moving and it has been blowing hot air since.. Then today the sensor in the passanger seat went out. I was just wondering if any other new dodge charger owners were having the same problems.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Wow!v Ive been on current of the problems that people have had with their 2011 chargers, and so far with everyone here its just the "service keyless entry".

Latest on that is the RF hub under the back deck has to be replaced.

I havent heard anyone having those problem that you have. Good news is the dealer will have to fix all of that stuff for free, bad news is they wont be able to get all of the parts right away because of backorder. The techs havent really worked on these cars yet.

But if you holler at the people who sold you the car, you might be able to get a rental out of it when you send the car in for service of all that stuff. Maybe even bring up the lemon law and have them replace the whole car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry about the double post. But this is the first car I have ever needed to return. The dealer really tried but Dodge wouldn't give them any support. My biggest problem was I couldn't turn off the seat heater. Try living in South Florida during the summer with your seat heater on. So I got my truck back and decided to purchase my 08 R/T off of my lease.

Anyone have any tricks for my 08? I just learned about the key under 15MPH. On your 2011s if you didn't know, if you unlock with the remote then hold the unlock button it will roll down the two front windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Total Shut Down

I purchased my 2011 Dodge Charger Ralleye Plus on April 2nd. The next day I saw a message that said "Service Keyless System". I took it to my local Dodge dealership and they told me that they would have to order the parts and that they were on backorder. No problem...they got the parts in a few days later. Yesterday I went to get in my vehicle and everything was shut down. They only way I could get in was to remove the key from the key fob and unlock the door with the key. My lights wouldn't work, my doors wouldn't unlock, my trunk wouldn't open...NOTHING!!! I called Roadside Assistance and they sent someone out to give me a jump off. A jump off wouldn't work...after he tried forever. So I called back. They told me that they would send a tow truck out to tow it to the dealership. So the tow truck came this morning and got it. I got a call this evening saying that: 1. The parts for my keyless system that they ordered...well, the people sent two left door parts instead of a left and a right. So one door is fixed but the other is not; 2. My battery was totally discharged which caused the whole system to shut down. They don't know what made the battery discharge like that. So...they wanted to keep my car for a few more days. Here's my problem...I bought my car in Georgia and I live in Alabama. Can the dealership here provide me with a rental or should all of that be directed to the dealership in Georgia? I love the car. It's a FUN car. But...if this is a sign of lifetime problems with this car then maybe I need to return it to the dealer. HELP!!!!

·
H-D 883 IRON
5,599 Posts
In almost all cases the dealer doing the service would be the one to give you a rental car. You may want to call Chrysler and see if they can help with transportation for you.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Yeah someone just said last night there is a recall on the power steering.

·
H-D 883 IRON
5,599 Posts
Yeah someone just said last night there is a recall on the power steering.
There are several things going on and I will have a list up sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My dealership won't do rental cars, they said dodge/chrysler doesn't compensate for them & I didn't pay extra for the addon....

I am wondering if there's something some where that if Dodge or the Dealership can't get the 2011's working correctly if they must replace them....how long must someone who purchased a $25,000+ car put up with issues, is there anything protecting us? I ask because my 2011 Charger has already been labeled by the service department at my dealership as "electrically tempermental!" & has been in & out of the shop since I got it. I've also put almost 1,000 miles on it & have a long tripped scheduled for it due to my company. If they cab't fix the problems on my car or someone elses is anyone liable to fix/replace it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I purchased my 2011 Dodge Charger Ralleye Plus on April 2nd. The next day I saw a message that said "Service Keyless System". I took it to my local Dodge dealership and they told me that they would have to order the parts and that they were on backorder. No problem...they got the parts in a few days later. Yesterday I went to get in my vehicle and everything was shut down. They only way I could get in was to remove the key from the key fob and unlock the door with the key. My lights wouldn't work, my doors wouldn't unlock, my trunk wouldn't open...NOTHING!!! I called Roadside Assistance and they sent someone out to give me a jump off. A jump off wouldn't work...after he tried forever. So I called back. They told me that they would send a tow truck out to tow it to the dealership. So the tow truck came this morning and got it. I got a call this evening saying that: 1. The parts for my keyless system that they ordered...well, the people sent two left door parts instead of a left and a right. So one door is fixed but the other is not; 2. My battery was totally discharged which caused the whole system to shut down. They don't know what made the battery discharge like that. So...they wanted to keep my car for a few more days. Here's my problem...I bought my car in Georgia and I live in Alabama. Can the dealership here provide me with a rental or should all of that be directed to the dealership in Georgia? I love the car. It's a FUN car. But...if this is a sign of lifetime problems with this car then maybe I need to return it to the dealer. HELP!!!!
Any dealer can provide you a rental. This electrical stuff reminds me of the Fiat Spiders.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mena Arkansas? ouch.. Make sure you're going to Tim Parker, or Landers.. There might be a few more your direction, but if you're having to drive, might as well drive to one with a little bit larger shop (I would push on to Landers myself..).

I didn't have any issues with mine up until my "accident". Leave it to me to get the non-dud then turn it into one, heh. Hopefully mine doesn't come back with new issues..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I traded in my 2007 Mustand for a 2011 Dodge Charge SE back on labor day at Landmark Dodge in ATL (needed family room but not getting astrovan). First and foremost, I love the car. With that said, I've had some issues with the car as well. First, the car already had 400+ miles on it b/c it was transported from SC. There were some scratches on the hood but nothing serious. The salesman indicated they would repair whenever I wanted to schedule it. Once I left the lot, I noticed the audio system had extreme static from using the radio to using my IPOD. I called the salesman instantly in which he concurred to have it repaired as well. After countless runarounds, I finally had a meeting with the sales and service manager in which they eventually fixed or what I thought they fixed the audio problem. The service manager indicated that there was a TSB (Technical Bulletin). They had to replace some wire connection/housing with the amplifier. The audio sounded ok until I started driving on the Interstate. Obviously the radio reception will fade in and out since its analog however the digital formats having issues has me wondering if there is a serious flaw in the audio system. The static sounds more like a glitch or as if the speaker wires aren't connected properly.

There was also an issue with the door handles, specifically the front passenger door handle that would work properly as the feature highlights (be able to lock and unlock so long as you have the key with you). There was also a TSB for this as well.

Just curious if anyone else has similar issue.

·
Registered
789 Posts
computer meltdown

yea i had my door handles replaced fri aft thanksgiving,last sun.the driver doorhandle quit working took it to dealer sat,have to take it back mon morn so they can keep it all day and see what is going on with it,said it might be in the harness, we will see.but otherwise still love the car,man this thing will move!!:TU:

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 charger disgrace

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I bought my '11 Charger RT in March (one of the first to get it). From 250 miles on, this car has been nothing but problems. It has already been to 2 dealers a total of 6 times. They claim there is nothing wrong with it and working fine. Let me start the laundry list of problems:
Foward collision warning and adaptive cruise control-completely malfuntioned. The door locks, including the locking button-not working. Sometimes the fob does not unlock the car and I have to use the key to unlock (setting off the alarm). The "trunk button" stopped working. There is a steering noise in the front end along with a loud vibration behind the dashboard.
The latest is the dash stating "system error"....but nothing is wrong with the car.
10 months ago i thought this was the greatest car in the world....it now has become a nightmare and the worst $41,000+ I have ever spent.
I should have listened to my wife and bought a Mercedes or BMW. This is my 12th American car that I purchased (and I think the last). I'm hoping it just short circuts and bursts into flames.

WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
wow!

wow, hearing all this is ridiculous. i have an 07. i thought dodge was getting better not worse. thats a shame caz they look really nice too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, my 2011 charger ralley plus shut down on me last friday 1/12/2013 on the highway while driving. The car went into battery saver mode, shut downt the radio first then a different engine light came on, then the whole dash went nuts flashing, the lights shut off everything went dead. Called Chrysler Emergency Road Svc they sent a tow truck. The dealership said the Alternator went out, they gave me a rental car. I've also had the doorhandles replaced twice. How does an altenator go out on a brand new car with 28,000 miles. I got one of the first ones off the line in Jan. 2011

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2011 Dodge Charger V6. I've had it for a little over a month now and the list of problems I'm having seems to grow every day. Within a week a message popped up telling me I needed to have my keyless entry system serviced. Since the closest Dodge Dealership is 3 hours away from here I decided to wait. Then starting about 3 days ago its like its having a melt down. 3 days ago my power steering went out.. a steering wheel with a ! next to it popped onto my message board and i had no steering.. after having several people help me look for the problem and having no solution i made an appt for it to go to the dodge house. they cant get me in for a week and the power steering is being spuratic. Then, 2 days ago im pretty sure my ac seized. It was working fine and then all of a sudden the belt stopped moving and it has been blowing hot air since.. Then today the sensor in the passanger seat went out. I was just wondering if any other new dodge charger owners were having the same problems.
I have a 2011 V6 as well and I am already having to service the CD player. It skips every 40sec. I read another person on here is having the same problem. Thanks for the info,might get the extended warranty after all.:TU:

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/QUOT
i been having issue with my ac. I took it to my mechanic and he told me it’s the computer he don’t know which one there’s two different one but basically the computer wasn’t telling the ac to come on and it’s gonna cost $900-$1200 depending on the computer to replace. Which I don’t have. Any advice please let me know

·
Registered
762 Posts
i been having issue with my ac. I took it to my mechanic and he told me it’s the computer he don’t know which one there’s two different one but basically the computer wasn’t telling the ac to come on and it’s gonna cost $900-$1200 depending on the computer to replace. Which I don’t have. Any advice please let me know
You're probably better off creating a new thread instead of replying to one that's been dead for more than seven years.

Not really enough information to talk intelligently about the problem, but from what you've said so far, it sounds like you should look for a new mechanic, one that has advanced diagnostic tools to narrow down the possible solution.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts