Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about buying a 2015 Charger R/T with ~30k Miles on it.

Car has a salvage title and i looked it up on:

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vin-report/2C3CDXCT0FH801620

but I'm not sure about what has been damaged or why it got the salvage title.
(Of course i get the repair-cost vs. car-worth thing, just can't wrap my head around what could've been damaged)

Maybe someone here could break this down for me?
Any input is appreciated, thank you guys in advance.

By the way.. please excuse my english.. it's not my native-language.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I'm always suspicious of salvage titles that have crossed state lines. Looks like the salvage inspection was done in Alabama in 12/2017. Prior to that the insurance company claimed a total loss and Insurance Auto Auctions sold it (2 yrs ago). Looking at the sales records on the car at 32,550 miles ... it looks like it was bounced around like a basketball between dealerships. I don't know where the car has been since 2017 but the 2017 history doesn't look good to me.

Reactions: nubcake

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I'd pass. Not worth the headache or issues.

Reactions: nubcake

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Records of water damage, seller told me it was a Front damage and they replaced bumper and other front Parts.
Motor wasnt damaged and no fluids leaked.
They Had to adjust the Toe or camber (one of those, i just Cannot translate it properly). Besides that everything Looks Fine.
He mentioned, if the oil temp goes above a specific temp (107deg Celsius i think, when the Fan starts on max) the Check Engine light Lights up, but fades Right After the temp drops.

Maybe taking it on a Test Drive Soon, just to Check it out and read the error codes (if Any).

Thanks for your replies/help so far. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He mentioned, if the oil temp goes above a specific temp (107deg Celsius i think, when the Fan starts on max) the Check Engine light Lights up, but fades Right After the temp drops.
I meant to write "coolant-temp" but wrote oil-temp. So if coolant temp is somewhere around when the fan should go full speed, seller told me the check engine light would light up, not sure about that though, gonna figure if i take it for a test drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After googling the vin (general insurance guy Said he‘s Not allowed to disclose Any further Info, but i should Google Image search and Check the First Hit. ;) )

This is what came up:

Does Look Bad in that Image.. but now it Looks close to Perfect, also the Engine bay and everything else Looks Brand new.
Decision is Starting to give me a headache.
:(

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Vehicle History report shows no accidents, yet the photo in post #8 above shows *heavy* front-end damage. For me, that would be a reason to say "no".

24,000 euros had better include shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts