Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Charger SE and want to change out my tiny 5.0 to a 8.4, with sirius and maybe NAV, which one do i need?? and what years and makes will work in my car??
20190419_150823.jpg

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Unless they've changed something with the fifteens,the bigger screen will not work with your stock radio unit.....just in case you did not already know this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless they've changed something with the fifteens,the bigger screen will not work with your stock radio unit.....just in case you did not already know this.
No the 8.4 screens work in 15's Nav & non Nav. they are programed once you install them and turn the car on.. found a few video's on it and the guy i just bought mine from already programed it to be plug & play.. BUT also found out the 8.4 from 16 to 19 will NOT work in 15's...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No the 8.4 screens work in 15's Nav & non Nav. they are programed once you install them and turn the car on.. found a few video's on it and the guy i just bought mine from already programed it to be plug & play.. BUT also found out the 8.4 from 16 to 19 will NOT work in 15's...
Interesting about the 16 and 19 screens not working in the 15 but I was referring to the radio unit itself.It appears you have a different radio due to the 3.6 inch screen in the photo....as I understand it the bigger screens are not compatible with that stock SE radio.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting about the 16 and 19 screens not working in the 15 but I was referring to the radio unit itself.It appears you have a different radio due to the 3.6 inch screen in the photo....as I understand it the bigger screens are not compatible with that stock SE radio.
the radio thats in it right now is the 5.0 display screen, the dash bezel is the same size as the 8.4 radio opening. i'll take a pic of it when i get it and install it. good part is i don't have to change out the bezel like on the 14's. was told the 16 to 19 8.4 radio's are on a new system and have the Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, i got the info from: https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/2015-dodge-charger they program the radio's for the 15's to have Apple CarPlay & Android Auto ect. BUT are ALOT of money for them. I got lucky and found one without NAV, for $400.00 on e-bay. most go for $500. to $1600.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts