Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting to update the maps on my rb5 I'm in the process of getting a nuvi 3590lm. Can someone tell me the process of getting it done. Iv read a few other posts on here seems to be from 2014ish. Is the process still the same? If some can walk me the the process that would be great. Thx.

· Registered
51 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting to update the maps on my rb5 I'm in the process of getting a nuvi 3590lm. Can someone tell me the process of getting it done. Iv read a few other posts on here seems to be from 2014ish. Is the process still the same? If some can walk me the the process that would be great. Thx.
My RB5 is from a 2013/2014 is it done the same way?

· Registered
3,670 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. but there's posts somewhere on here how to do.
CTP11/CTP12 Map update process (2011-2012)
Revised CTP11/CTP12 Map update process (2011-2012)

CTP2013 map update process (2013-2014)

Revised CTP2013 map update process (2013-2014)

The files and filenames change with each version of the Garmin maps. Process and directory file structure remains the same.
Thx.. Ima read an look over everything... hopefully I can figure it out with this information.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Help... I'm getting the 0x31A0 error an message that's says maps was not successfully updated plz contact dealer!!!! Iv tried the "fall back method an keep getting the same thing!! I know I'm doing something wrong I'll post pic of what iv go on the flash drive. If I can figure out how to!!.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also just to throw this out there I'm not 100% sure if I did the unlock thing on those few files correctly. I did follow the instructions though. Can anyone possibly provide a video on how all this is done?? Maybe uploaded to YouTube or sent to me that would be awesome!!!

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still no luck...o_O😐 i keep getting the same message. I tried a different USB an same thing also tried a different set up closer to what's on the pages but still no luck!

Attachments

· Registered
3,670 Posts
Is the USB device formatted for FAT32? When does the 31A0 error occur, at the beginning the middle or end of update process? I use the CTP11/CTP12 process so I can't say anything from experience about the CTP13/CTP14 process. When I load the new maps I bring up the Uconnect Nav home screen first and then plug the USB drive into the USB port. Seems to cause fewer problems with loading. I'm not sure what the 31A0 error code means but 31A2 means there's not enough storage space in the Uconnect to load the maps. I think there's a procedure posted somewhere on the forum for deleting Uconnect map files. After creating more space on the Uconnect you can retry loading the maps.
I have gotten an error message in the past (I don't remember the code) and the new maps would not load. The problem corrected itself when I loaded a different (later) version of the maps. Since your maps are the latest version (2023.20) you might try loading an older version (2021.20, 2021.30 or 2022.25) to see if they load successfully.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts