Dodge Charger Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
Update!!! I was able to figure out how to get it back down to the CTP 13!!! Just used winrar to extract the file!! Put it on the USB an followed the steps in the link above to get it back down to the CTP 13 SW I started from CTP 17 if anyone wanted to know. So now I'm in the process of getting all the file maps put back onto my USB drive (starting over again) lol. Hopefully this time when I get everything loaded on to it I'll be up to the updated maps!! Will keep everyone posted.. pic of CTP13 4.08

View attachment 127583
I never got a chance to tell you .RAR are just compressed files. And windows 10 should have a embedded extractor. Although Winrar is the most popuar.

Do let us know how it goes. I may try down grading myself and getting a map update.

Reactions: LU'BEATNGU

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
SUCCESS!!!!!! Finally!!! I was able to fully update to 2023.20 maps!!! I check for nearby new highway an there it was.. Awesomeness!! I came really close to just not messing with it anymore cause it was starting to get frustrating!!! I was just gonna buy another rb5 with the maps updated already on it but would of been $300!!!. Glade I didn't 馃槅 馃ぃ... I use 2 16GB sandisk Cruzer Blades Formatted to fat32 an 16btz for both the downgrade to CTP13 an then the updated maps files on the other which I got from my nuvi 3590lm.. it did validation process an then said new map found took about 1hr35mims for the update!! Here are some pics.
Vehicle Font Personal luxury car Electric blue Vehicle door
Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Personal luxury car Auto part

Rectangle Gadget Output device Gas Electric blue
Vehicle Gas Personal luxury car Font Electric blue

Thanks to everyone who replied an made suggestions on what I needed to do. Stuck it out an got the results I was looking for. Here is pics of files I used and of the USB I used...
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Pattern
Water Mesh Wood Grey Grass
Mesh Textile Architecture Grey Wood
Grey Eyelash Font Tints and shades Wood
Font Material property Composite material Tints and shades Electric blue

Attachments

Registered
Now question I have. Do you see any differences between ctp 13 vs 17?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Now question I have. Do you see any differences between ctp 13 vs 17?
I haven't really got to check it out fully as far as that goes but from What I did see it seems to look no different.. but I was thinking about going back to the 17 just to see if it would go... for now I'm gonna drive around with it on the 13 for a few days to see if I do notice anything different.. an go from there. I'll keep you updated on it. An if I notice anything I'll let you know.

Registered
I haven't really got to check it out fully as far as that goes but from What I did see it seems to look no different.. but I was thinking about going back to the 17 just to see if it would go... for now I'm gonna drive around with it on the 13 for a few days to see if I do notice anything different.. an go from there. I'll keep you updated on it. An if I notice anything I'll let you know.
If you plan on updating maps on the reg may behoove oneself to stay with ctp13.

I may go through all of this so I can get updated maps. Specially seeing I do alot of road trips.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
If you plan on updating maps on the reg may behoove oneself to stay with ctp13.

I may go through all of this so I can get updated maps. Specially seeing I do alot of road trips.
Right will see.. I may just stay with the 13 if I don't see much difference.. if I go back to 17 I'm sure I could just downgrade back to the 13 if an when I needed to update maps again since i started with 17 to begin with.. im basically keeping the 13 file on the 1 usb drive an putting it up til I need it again... Good luck if you do. Would be good to do if you travel alot...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts