Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Dodge Charger, and there is this fluid substance leaking under the car close to the truck area. I am trying to see if it's oil or something that I need to be worried about. There are no codes showing up. And it is not a lot of substance either but I notice it whenever I move Stormie.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Are there any sounds associated whenever you move? Could be your rear differential leaking....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No sounds at all.
Gotcha...if it's not gas, it most likely is your diff...you should get under and verify if there is anything wet around the seals/bolts

Could be wrong...but that's what I would do...:)

Reactions: Stormie

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
First two things are to establish what kind of fluid it is and to look underneath to see if there is a smoking gun (i.e. obvious active leak). There's really only three things it could be back by the trunk (depending on where). Gear oil from the differential, which you should notice where it's coming from right way, battery acid (if it's puking out the vent; this is bad) or water from either the sunroof drains (if you have one) or exhaust system (from condensation).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First two things are to establish what kind of fluid it is and to look underneath to see if there is a smoking gun (i.e. obvious active leak). There's really only three things it could be back by the trunk (depending on where). Gear oil from the differential, which you should notice where it's coming from right way, battery acid (if it's puking out the vent; this is bad) or water from either the sunroof drains (if you have one) or exhaust system (from condensation).
Thank You!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts