Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2014 dodge charger police pursuit it started and runs fine I went to the store I came home shut it off was in the house 10 minutes I go out to start it push the button push the pedal put on the break everything comes on I hit the button nothing and then all of a sudden the blower heater blower will just blow on high I had the battery tested battery is fine under load I’m confused please help

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I always push the start button to Run position, wait for the chimes to stop dinging, and then push on the brake pedal. Is the ignition button changing from Off to Acc to Run ... or does it stay dark? If it stays dark push on the button with the end of the key FOB to see if the car starts.
Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port (located under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see if any diagnostic codes are logged. Use a scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrain codes) because a lot of the modules in the car post Bxxxx body codes and Uxxxx communication codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It changes to run and then you you hear a click and then a few seconds later the blower motor ( heater) starts running on high. The radio screen never comes on And the EVIC screen language is in German now not ln American like it used to be I am so confused. I’ve used the key fab and it does the same thing can you push the button in the door chime stops for a few seconds and then everything comes back on. But the radio screen,climate control screen, miles per hour everything does not come on. And the information center language is still in German.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the info screen does not show the shifting order P,R,N,D. I’ve checked all the fuses everyone is good the bratty was brand new end of November

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a bit to see if that might fix it? Sounds like it glitched somewhere with stuff changing to German.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The only time my car has changed it's personality (Uconnect screen color changed to blue, electronics misbehaving, car not starting, etc ...) was when I needed a new battery. Battery showed 12V when battery charger was attached but only showed 5V when the battery charger was removed.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I put ob scanner on and it shows no codes..
Does the scanner read all codes or just Pxxxx powertrain codes? The functions that are working correctly in your car are some of the functions controlled by the BCM (body control module). BCM diagnostic codes are Bxxxx body codes and Uxxxx communication codes/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts