Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 dodge charger 5.7 hemi. The problem I'm having is that it loses all the oil sometimes. It blows the oil all underneath the car exhaust transmission all the way to the trunk. I'll get it home fill it back up with synthetic oil. I can go around 300 miles or so then it will do the same thing. It's happened for the 4th time now. Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated.

· Registered
201 Posts
IIRC, because at least the earlier 5.7s were used in both passenger cars and Ram trucks, there should be a plug on the lower side of the block above the oil pan on one side or the other. Look on the opposite side of where your oil dipstick is located and there should be a plug. Trucks had dipsticks opposite of the cars, so their plugs should be where our dipsticks are on the cars. I have heard of cases where the plugs corroded or came loose and caused this type of oil leak.

· Registered
201 Posts
I have heard it only happening sometimes where the plug may be partially missing and depending on oil level, hard driving or cornering. Worth a quick look under there to eliminate, plus if it is coming from elsewhere, you may spot it. Run it up on ramp stands to get a better look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts