Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any buzz around bringing back the fantastic Hemi-AWD combo? My beloved '11 R/T Plus is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm probably looking for a new car in the next year, I'd hate to be driven to a different brand, but need that AWD and I just can't bring myself to settle for a six cylinder option.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
if you can find a police package one for sale, those come with the v8 and awd but I can tell you the v6 with the 8-speed combo is nice. But in truth, I'm not sure I'd feel the same way if I didn't have the SRT. I drove both to work, v6 awd in the winter, and the SRT in the summer. I really like both cars for different reasons. The v6 isn't a slouch but it's no v8. If you dead set on that, i believe Hyundai Genesis has a v8 awd option for 2019 and the Audi A7 is awd with a supercharged v6.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My wife wanted a HEMI in her 19 Charger AWD in Plum Crazy Purple but it was not available. I have not seen a AWD HEMI since back then. It's a shame as if you think about it a AWD HEMI and above models would be incredible. Think about the 392 and Hellcat. How awesome would those models be with AWD? Getting traction with street tires would make those cars so much more fun. Spinning tires sucks if you want to move forward. Yeah we all like a burn out from time to time but the amount of money you leave on the road I'd rather have a AWD system and be faster then look cooler.
We have a Audi S4 with AWD and it's so damn fast fun and keeps the tires on it longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts