Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars (and sports) are my passion. Always have been. Dad was a mechanical engineer, and always had a car he was wrenching on in the garage. Apple did not fall far from that tree!

I've been mainly a V8, RWD guy but have owned other options, all heavily modded. In order of performance cars: 94 Mustang GT, 67 Mustang 390 fastback, 01 Mustang GT, 99 Volvo S70 T5, 02 WRX, 04 M3, 05 Mustang GT, 11 GTI and finally the 13 Charger R/T. Had to get back into a V8, I missed the sound and torque....

The day I brought her home:

Mods came fast, took me 1 week, though they were in the form of just painting rims and trim pieces. The chrome HAD to go.

Wheels were a black chrome paint, LOVE how it turned out:

Exhaust valance trim piece from gray to gloss black:

Grill gloss black:

I then added some vinyl Chally hash stripes in a shade of blue, but not exactly the bright color I wanted. Still looks good:

How she sits now:

Most the mods came within the first month, including removing the mid mufflers. Then was a dead period, as I saved to send my wife to school.

Sorry for all the pics! This should get my build thread started. I'll post up more tomorrow, including my exhaust video and interior thread project!

Special thanks to BULLYS PERFORMANCE for sponsoring me!!!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Looks awesome and I can't wait to see where you go next! I need to get my build thread up and running now too, great job starting the ball rolling :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice!!! Will be fun to watch you build the car. I am going to start my build thread with the reveal of my first Bully's purchase once its done :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks awesome and I can't wait to see where you go next! I need to get my build thread up and running now too, great job starting the ball rolling :)
I waited long enough. I really didn't know what to write though!

Nice!!! Will be fun to watch you build the car. I am going to start my build thread with the reveal of my first Bully's purchase once its done :)
Supense is suspenseful. Hurry!

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Looking good brother!!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good! Gotta say Im digging your rims like that, I contemplated it when I had a set of the chrome clads!
Yeah, they definitely look different!

Sad thing is that I have noticed a few chips. :(

Not sure why. I noticed them after washing once, and they weren't there before I washed. I'm 100% sure I did not hit them during the wash, so I think it may have been the tire spray I used that ran onto them, since it is on the outside of them.

No worries though. As much as I like the look of these rims, there are still a pain to keep clean, like normal chrome. I think when more chips off I will scuff em up and paint them anthracite. I did it to another car, and it looked fantastic. You could never tell that they were dirty!! I'll see if I can dig up a pic of the color I mean.

·
Registered
15,692 Posts
Oh yeah! Looking nice brother! Now mod on!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No new pictures, but I did finish re-doing the console and passenger door.

I'm sure this may have been covered before either in video or write up form, but since I removed my console lid to do it indoors I decided to make a video on how to remove it....

2013 Dodge Charger console lid removal (2011+) - YouTube

Sorry, I don't know how to embed video on here yet!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Looks Great! reps

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE!!!!

Ok, so I am still stitching. I am back to where I was before I decided to switch to nylon.

This update is for the wheels..... I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY THEY ARE CHIPPING A LOT LATELY.

WE have a TON of feral cats around our parking lot at work. Periodically I have noticed pee on my wheels, mostly with previous cars since I parked up top of the lot instead of close to the building. THe Charger has been close to the building all before, but because people are a**holes they have migrated to where I park, forcing me to park up high close to the fields and rock wall, where the cats are.

No surprise, I continually find cat pee all over my rims, which is no doubt eating away at the shadow chrome that was just sprayed on over the chrome clad (as directed).

THere is a direct correlation to where the pee is on the wheel, and then when I was it off, new chips. I am even only using the hose at this point to try to prevent the process from speeding up, but even that makes small chips from the pee.

The anthracite wheels shall come sooner than later. Here is a pic of when I did it to my 05 Mustang GT:

I will just scuff em up with some light sand paper, and BOOM. Fix that problem. Cats peed on those on the Mustang, and NEVER had an issue. As a bonus, you can never tell when they are dirty! Double win!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Started the process pf sanding down the wheels in prep for paint. I may end up taking them to a buddy's shop to do, but by sanding them down myself I will drastically cut down on the cost to do so. Either way, it needs to be done.

Here is a shot of one sanded halfway! Looks funky.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts