Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hey. I'm a new member here and I didn't want to start a new subject. I hope someone is still monitoring this subject. :)
2015 SXT...what type of bulb did the factory install? Halogen, LED, HID?
Mine is burnt out (checking the fuse also) and if needed, I will replace it.
Thanks
I suspect that you've got halogens. Check your owner's manual to be sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My driver side headlight started randomly going off recently, then completely failed. I assumed it was the bulb and was about to purchase some replacement HID bulbs. While searching, I found a video on YouTube of a guy with the same problem. Turns out the light wasn't bad, but the 20amp micro stubby fuses (#15 for the drivers side and #16 for passenger side) were melted. HE replaced his fuses and the lights worked, but he never explained what caused them to fail. So, I pulled fuse #15 and sure enough it was burned. I replaced it with a new replacement and my headlight works again. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I wanted to share it so others can be aware of it. It's much cheaper to replace a $1.50 fuse than to replace the $68 HID bulb.
Thank you for posting! Experiencing this exact issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
My driver side headlight started randomly going off recently, then completely failed. I assumed it was the bulb and was about to purchase some replacement HID bulbs. While searching, I found a video on YouTube of a guy with the same problem. Turns out the light wasn't bad, but the 20amp micro stubby fuses (#15 for the drivers side and #16 for passenger side) were melted. HE replaced his fuses and the lights worked, but he never explained what caused them to fail. So, I pulled fuse #15 and sure enough it was burned. I replaced it with a new replacement and my headlight works again. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I wanted to share it so others can be aware of it. It's much cheaper to replace a $1.50 fuse than to replace the $68 HID bulb.
OMG... thank you soooo much. Found this thread while shopping for 2 new HID bulbs.
Pulled both fuses.... both burnt
Saved me $$$

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much I was having the same issue even after I installed the new lights

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sure wish I found this post before relacing the HID bulb. The fuse was loose in the fusebox ND it gor a little burned. I just replaced the fuse and my lights work again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not bring up a old post (as I do) having same problem on passenger side changed fuse flickers than nothing. Sometimes it just randomly comes on, doesn’t blow fuses

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 dodge charger r/t road and track and when I turn on my headlights they both come on, but then the right side passenger light cuts off after 10 - 20 seconds. So I checked the fuse and it is good .I swapped the relay and the light came on but went back off . Does anyone know about or have this problem? Could it be wiring? Ballast? It's not the bulb because I swapped it with the driver side and it worked perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have a 2017 Challenger RT, the right side headlight goes on and off, I checked the fuses, there are no fuses in the slots???
It says they are to be there but they are not, does anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My passenger side HID lamp is out, there are no fuses to be replaced, although it shows where the fuses should be there are none??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found this while looking for the best way to access the HID bulb. Checked the fuses and now I will be returning the +$100 bulb I just purchased. Thank you!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts