Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hey. I'm a new member here and I didn't want to start a new subject. I hope someone is still monitoring this subject. :)
2015 SXT...what type of bulb did the factory install? Halogen, LED, HID?
Mine is burnt out (checking the fuse also) and if needed, I will replace it.
Thanks
I suspect that you've got halogens. Check your owner's manual to be sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My driver side headlight started randomly going off recently, then completely failed. I assumed it was the bulb and was about to purchase some replacement HID bulbs. While searching, I found a video on YouTube of a guy with the same problem. Turns out the light wasn't bad, but the 20amp micro stubby fuses (#15 for the drivers side and #16 for passenger side) were melted. HE replaced his fuses and the lights worked, but he never explained what caused them to fail. So, I pulled fuse #15 and sure enough it was burned. I replaced it with a new replacement and my headlight works again. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I wanted to share it so others can be aware of it. It's much cheaper to replace a $1.50 fuse than to replace the $68 HID bulb.
Thank you for posting! Experiencing this exact issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
My driver side headlight started randomly going off recently, then completely failed. I assumed it was the bulb and was about to purchase some replacement HID bulbs. While searching, I found a video on YouTube of a guy with the same problem. Turns out the light wasn't bad, but the 20amp micro stubby fuses (#15 for the drivers side and #16 for passenger side) were melted. HE replaced his fuses and the lights worked, but he never explained what caused them to fail. So, I pulled fuse #15 and sure enough it was burned. I replaced it with a new replacement and my headlight works again. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I wanted to share it so others can be aware of it. It's much cheaper to replace a $1.50 fuse than to replace the $68 HID bulb.
OMG... thank you soooo much. Found this thread while shopping for 2 new HID bulbs.
Pulled both fuses.... both burnt
Saved me $$$

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much I was having the same issue even after I installed the new lights

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 dodge charger r/t road and track and when I turn on my headlights they both come on, but then the right side passenger light cuts off after 10 - 20 seconds. So I checked the fuse and it is good .I swapped the relay and the light came on but went back off . Does anyone know about or have this problem? Could it be wiring? Ballast? It's not the bulb because I swapped it with the driver side and it worked perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have a 2017 Challenger RT, the right side headlight goes on and off, I checked the fuses, there are no fuses in the slots???
It says they are to be there but they are not, does anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just replaced my passenger side hid light and my fuse was melted no blown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Just checked and the fuse is fried. But I already changed the bulb. Oh well.

·
Registered
392 Daytona
4 Posts
Necro post. But I had to say thanks to everyone for this. My fuses looked “good” and even have good continuity. But my passenger Xenon wasn’t firing.

swapped them, and at the moment both are working.

seems the fuse works until it heats up, and then opens enough thermally to prevent operation. Never seen this before. Usually fuses just blow.
Anyways, appreciate the $180 savings

21 - 40 of 41 Posts