Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed HYLUX 2A88 CANBUS HID MORIMOTO 6500K 9012 in my car today, WELL here's what happen: Lights are bright and WHEN working they are wonderful.. I was coming home tonight and the lights went OFF and I ALMOST GOT IN A WRECK so i Pulled over into a parking lot turned the car off and on a few times and nothing, waited 10 mins with the car off and with everything off, Turned it back on and the lights came on, so headed home and they shut off and back on a few times b4 i got home. Sat in my driveway and one or both will turn off for a few sec's then back on, and sometimes won't come on unless i turn the car off and wait 10 mins. So right now waiting to hear back from the company i bought them from to see whats going on.. On a note, iv'e tryed cheaper LEDS & HID's until now and not sure why our 15's so so darn picky with lights, Iv'e been using both in other cars iv'e had with not one problem.

[ UPDATE ]

I talked to the company i got the HID kit from, WELL funny thing is MY CAR IS IN THE TOP 5% that needs a relay harrness, and more parts to make my HID's to work without cutting off, go figure lol.. the guy i talked to said his 2015 charger is also one in the top 5% to. this is the kit you need for HID's or LED's. they work the same on both. they will keep the lights on at all times when needed and won't flicker or cut off and on ect, they are alittle pricey but work 100% with aftermarket hid's and led's:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Morimoto-2015-Mopar-Spec-9005-9006-9012-H10-Relay-Wiring-Harness-HD-Resistor/323795969866?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and here is the info on them, I hope this helps out for someone else that is looking for help with hid's or led's installs. Good Luck..

The new Mopars: might be a great car, but when it comes to upgrading anything in the lighting system; it's nothing but a nightmare. Thankfully though after many attempts, the new Morimoto 15+ Ram Spec harness does the trick to keep an aftermarket HID system running smoothly. WILL WORK ON 2015+ Chargers!!!

Lamp Out: When upgrading to High Intensity Discharge lights on the 2015+ Mopar vehicles, the car's ECU senses a change in the resistance of the headlight circuit and cuts power to anything but the stock 9012 halogen bulbs after a few minutes in use. Good luck with basic "canbus" ballasts or other more conventional "canbus" harnesses. They wont work.

Calibrated: The 15+ Mopar Spec harness is properly calibrated to tame the canbus system on the new Mopar vehicles. Using a quad configuration for it's load resistors that's unique only to this harness in conjunction with a special anti-flicker capacitor and twin relays - the harness will absorb any pulsing signals emitted from the stock output for uninterrupted relay function. No flickering or pulsing!

Plug n Play: The layout of the harness makes it easy to install. With just a few simple connections, even your mom could set this thing up! Wire lengths are long enough to be used in everything from compact cars to SUVs and it's designed to be 100% plug and play (no cutting or splicing needed). It’s connections are explained in this video.

OEM Finish: Aside from being a technical masterpiece, it's also a work of art. With its braided TechFlex insulation, anodized and laser engraved relays, and 100% weather resistant dual relay pack to power the ballasts. it will surely look factory-fresh under the hood.

TECH SPECS
One Harness:Controls for Both Headlights
1x Input Trigger:9006/9012/H10/H11 Male
2x Ballast Outputs:9006 Female
1x 12V Power:Nickel-Plated Ring-Type
3x Grounds:Nickel-Plated Ring-Type

Good Luck and i'll keep you posted with pic's of how they look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[ UPDATE ]
Installed the Relay wiring & harness and now the HID's are working great with no cut offs or any flickering. Lights are very bright and look great. here are a few pic's, will get night pic's, started to rain and couldn't get the night pic's but will tonight. hope this will help someone else out and not have to go through the nightmare trying to figure out how and what they need for HID'S or LED kits.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks good! Stupid question guy here. If I’ve already got the stock HID’s do I have to buy all this “stuff” if I want to change my bulbs? Or can just grab a new set, throw ‘em in and be good go go?
Thanks ahead of time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts