Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have had my 3.6L SE 2012 Charger for 7 years now, and I plan on rocking it till the wheels fall off. It's a full size sedan, versatile, fast, and fuel efficient. Plus it houses my competition sound system, whats not to love? However, I do worry about the mileage on my car, I am up to 135,000mi, with some hiccups along the way. Including electrical (alternator, "open fuses" causing limp mode, etc), some exhaust issues that unfortunately were out of warranty to fix, and new SpeedLogix suspension. I change the fluids at 100,000mi with all royal purple synthetic (diff, atf, power steering, etc). How many miles do you guys have on your Chargers and have you run into any major issues? I hope to see 200,000mi without any serious problems and keep her for as long as I can.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I don't see any reason not to get above 200k mileage when your doing the required maintenance.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have a 2015 SE. Brought new, now at 106,000. Thankfully no major issues. Door handle actuator was fixed under warranty the first year. I change the oil every 5000 miles. Put new tires on at 65,000 miles and just had the front break done. Now only if I could keep the traffic from kicking up rocks I'd be good. On third windshield. I agree with Stevens12, keep up the maintenance and your baby will live long and prosper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 09 Charger RT Performance I bought new with 150,000. I changed oil at 250 miles, then 2500 miles and then 5000. After that I change oil ever 25,000 miles. I use Amsol 0-20 and a good quality filter. I have a K and N air filter that I clean ever 10,000 miles. I have a home made real ram air that I made that picks up air under big lip of the bumper. I switch tires ever 5,000 miles and check them with a thread depth gauge. I still have the original rotors and pads.To date, I have replaced the battery once, the radiator, wipers 4 times, and plugs at 140,000 miles. My Charger gets 21-22 MPG, does not use any oil, and doesn't leak any fluids. I usually get 32,000 to 35,000 miles on my tires( Mitchelins af the original Eagle GTs which I didn't think should have ever been on a car. I think if you take care of your car, that it will take care of you. You don't have to spend a lot of money but you have to stay on top of it. I also wax it ever 3 months with Mc Guires #26.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Well, I have a 2008 V6 with 188K and it’s still running fine, looking to give to son when he turns 16. I change the oil ever 6K/6mos. With 5W-20 Mobil 1 Extended Performance. Had a few issues with fuel injectors but car has held up pretty well.

·
Registered
932 Posts
126,000 on my 2013 Daytona Road and Track with no issues. Service the trans and rear every 30,000. Change the oil religiously every 5,000. Regularly get the fuel system serviced. It seems good as new to me but I take care of it. I originally planned to keep it until the SiriusXM subscription expires...and I have a lifetime subscription.
E71199AE-6CB4-4B57-A432-54C4BDA551F5.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts