Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a D1SC procharger (stage 2) 209/226 cam- 1.75" LT headers- 180 T-stat- rocker stabilizers- hellcat lifters and springs- electric exhaust cutout.
I have bought a 3600 stall torque converter (circle D) and my question is would I be able to get traction with having such a high stall with this setup? Looking @ my data logs I am around 4 PSI of boost at 3600 rpms. I feel like I would blow the tires off so I am kind of hesitant to install this torque converter. (I bought several months ago before I decided to install the procharger). I have only been to the track one time when I was Naturally Aspirated and my Mickey Thomson's had no problem maintaining traction(22 psi on tires). (17" wheel 28" OD tire and I believe 10" wide). Has anyone ran forced induction with such a high stall torque converter without issues? Should I proceed with installing or just sell the torque converter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
275 Posts
The stock converter in the A8 locks up very early in all gears but that can be delayed thru tuning of the TCM making it 'act' similar to a higher stall converter. I have a Procharged A8 Scat that we experimented with and it would 'flash' to about 2800. I'm not sure how high of an RPM this can be adjusted to. the car left harder but due to other issues it was never fully tested. IMO..it is great for the track but I did not like it on the street so delay was returned to stock for now. I now have a built trans and some other upgrades so once I get some baseline runs we will play will delaying lock up again. I would look into this before changing hard parts.
Also, I haven't read or heard of anyone experimenting with lock up delay anywhere but it can be done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts