Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently my new charger I bought, was called into the dealership for a trans repair.(scheduled before purchase) they told me they were replacing the trans. When I picked it up on the invoice it said new trans cooler and a couple of other things. The report said that upon acceleration up hill temps went to 250. So after I picked it up I started monitoring the temps. I see anywhere from 200 when I first start driving all the way up to upper 240,s. What’s the normal range of my coolant and oil are barely at 200? I live in Temecula it’s pretty hot, but with a new trans cooler shouldn’t I have regular temps across the cooling system?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So recently my new charger I bought, was called into the dealership for a trans repair.(scheduled before purchase) they told me they were replacing the trans. When I picked it up on the invoice it said new trans cooler and a couple of other things. The report said that upon acceleration up hill temps went to 250. So after I picked it up I started monitoring the temps. I see anywhere from 200 when I first start driving all the way up to upper 240,s. What’s the normal range of my coolant and oil are barely at 200? I live in Temecula it’s pretty hot, but with a new trans cooler shouldn’t I have regular temps across the cooling system?
Also on t e freeway at 75 to 80 consistently temps will be about 225-238

·
Registered
910 Posts
Mine is regularly well below 200; 160-165 in the 60's and 70's. Even on a 90+ degree day, I was still just below 200. I can maybe see it creeping up in stop and go with no air flow though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yes, below 200 for sure, the cooler for an R/T is integrated into the AC condenser. Unless it changed in later year models. New trans cooler eh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts