Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a homemade reso delete WITHOUT using a welder? I was thinkin of cutting my resos off, buying some new tips and just using clamps to hook it all up. it looks doable to me...if i cut in the right spot, i'm thinking I can get away with buying some prefab elbows from a parts store to make the tips come straight out the stock locations, but securing them with hangers mite be the tricky part with no welding skills. lol (this is just a temp fix til i can afford to buy a whole new exhaust}

·
Registered
929 Posts
Blastin Bob's don't need to be welded and eliminate the reso's without costing a fortune. By the time you piece together pipe, hangers, tips etc what you'll be left with will probably leak and look like hell. You can get Blastin Bob 5db reso delete for $160. That's pretty cheap for mandrel bent pipe with hangers welded on and nice tips. The standard bent tubing kit is $20 cheaper than that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice...I had been reading about them a little bit, they seem to be pretty popular on this site. I had never heard of blastin' bob's til I joined here. I would probly spend over 100 trying to piece something together on my own...not worth the hassle. Do they give any kind of discounts for Z members?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I called Blastin Bob today and ordered the 250X4 kit. Didn't get any kind of discount but still a fair price for nice set of tailpipes/tips. Should be here next week and will update then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input...went ahead and ordered a set of the 5 db reso deletes with the rolled edge tips yesterday. cant wait for them to show up!!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Get those pipes yet? Got mine today and put them on. It's loud! Resonates pretty good at certain rpms and accelerating. Cruising at 65-70 is like stock. The tips look SO much better than stock too. I should get a vid clip sometime soon.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Has anyone done a homemade reso delete WITHOUT using a welder? I was thinkin of cutting my resos off, buying some new tips and just using clamps to hook it all up. it looks doable to me...if i cut in the right spot, i'm thinking I can get away with buying some prefab elbows from a parts store to make the tips come straight out the stock locations, but securing them with hangers mite be the tricky part with no welding skills. lol (this is just a temp fix til i can afford to buy a whole new exhaust}
Most exhaust shops can do this for under $50... All you have to do is watch then enjoy the new sound..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do look and sound way better...still not quite enough rumble for me. probly get some magnaflow mufflers sometime in the near future. I will have to bend the hangers on the passenger side pipe a little bit...can't quite get it to line up centered in the bumper cutout, maybe i am just too picky. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts